Proposal fiasco...........help

So I have a predicament. When Df and I got engaged it wasn't really a proposal it was more like we agreed to get married. Well I guess he is really upset about it because he wanted to do it the real way. But he is all upset because I told people we got engaged over a facebook conversation. I want to figure out a way to fix this problem. What if he proposed again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly, you should just let him know that it doesn't matter. It really doesn't. My husband and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary in a week, and I can't even remember how he asked or if he asked. We always just assumed we would get married, and one day we decided to get married before the seasons changed, and picked a date. The marriage is what's important. Maybe let him know that the engagement isn't important, and tell him how much you're looking forward to being married to him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I totally agree with PP -- I don't think it matters either. My DH never really dropped down on one knee and asked me, we just kind of agreed to get married!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Tell him that you like the way the proposal was done because it is unique and something you will always remember rather then something that is exactly like everyone elses.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If he wanted to ask you in a more romantic way, then he should have or could still. But he didn't. Maybe he feels lame about it bc of all the pressure for a romantic engagement.

You just need to talk to him and ask what he would rather you say. Let him know that 10,000 will ask the girl "how did he propose?" and FB is where that happened. If you don't mind the story or say it in a way that doesn't make it sound like you were gipped... then it shouldn't matter. If he wants you to say something different then he needs to tell you bc you will need to be able to say something when people ask.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 4:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• tell him to surprise you.....let him set it up however he wants and you have no involvement in it. then when the time comes and he does it you can post on facebook its official and everyone that you already told will wonder what that means you you can then be like "IT WAS AMAZING etc etc etc" Make a bigger deal over the actual proposal and apologize to him that you didn't realize how it meant to him. Its a big deal to some guys. I got asked at 6:30 christmas morning while i was asleep if i wanted to get married....i was ASLEEP....but he was on one knee next to the bed....it was cute....i looked at him said "yea mmhmmm sure" and rolled over and went back to sleep. Did I mention I 4 months pregnant? LOL
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 4:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree with HTMommy, tell him to surprise you if he still wants to to "do it right". It's your life that you two are going to share, no one elses. Do it the way that you two want to remember it. Including how you got engaged (officially or not) :)
    KricketMother09

Answer by KricketMother09 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i was bummed that my husband asked me not how he asked me but that i knew he was going too. i still wish that i didn' t know and it was more of a surprise but you can't change what has happened. i understand how your fiance feels but he can still be romantic and ask you but it won't be a surprise now either. it is just something you guys have to accept and he screwed up. mine did too but at least you can one day say how it happened and in it's own still be special. i probably wouldn't of guessed or known had he not said do you want to go see the temple lights. plus he was not coming around as much. he had been searching for rings and i had tried showing him rings after we talked of marriage. all he had to do was drop the subject of marriage waited a few months and i would of been none the wiser. he was to anxious to wait though so i suspected it. i wasn't putting out so he couldn't wait any longer to jump my bones i guess.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If he wants to propose again let him and let him do it his own way, encourage him to do it again and apologize for saying that on FB
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Call me old-fashioned but getting engaged on Facebook? It should be more personal. Maybe he wants a chance to do it the right way. What are people's reaction that you got engaged on Facebook? Let him take you out to supper, maybe a movie and let him to it officially.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2010