Moving house.

What would be your main concerns when moving house? Obviously location in terms of schools and the price range is important, but what do you think makes a good area? Especially for bringing up kids in.

SarahBel

Asked by SarahBel at 4:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• House that's not on a busy street, park close by, clean neighborhood where people maintain their homes.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Being on a street that has other young families with children running around. I wouldn't want to move into a neighborhood that's mainly older couples that could possibly be annoyed by my kids being kids outdoors.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Good schools comes first in my book. Size? We live in a small town but not a tiny one. A city that is stable, I looked for a conservative town. It would be good to have parks, a library, shopping and eateries of some kind. Of course safety is good. It's ideal for the city to have their own fire dept and police. You can check the crime rate on their web site. Most cities have them these days.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The area i live in is good... the schools are decent - we will probably move to a better district before they hit middle school... I live on the backside of a cul-de-sac, so my kids can ride their bikes in the road without worrying about major traffic, there are a lot of kids here, and its all lower middle class (no "keeping up with the Jones" here!). I love it.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• LOW crime rates, higher income class of people neighborhoods, close to shopping, parks, and good schools and activities for kids. NOT being close to the ghetto or slums, or raid road tracks or an airport.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Parks; Library; location of hospital; banking and family orientated neighborhood.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010