ok I am 36 weeks pregnant and having braxton hicks I think but . . .

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I think I am having braxton hicks but I'm not really sure they started and hurt but they are not getting stronger longer closer together or anything but they are making me sick and dizzy and feel like I can't breathe I just left the dr.s office so I wanna get ya'lls opinion before I rush and call them for something expected b/c I know they will want me to drive the hour back down there to get checked

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is normal for you to have braxton hicks contractions at this stage of your pregnancy. They can be intense and you will probably notice them more and more. You will know when you are in labor. Just try to relax and don't overdo yourself. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!
    nebraskamamaof2

Answer by nebraskamamaof2 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Braxton Hicks contractions can be very intense, but they can go on for weeks and weeks. You will know if you go into labor.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Try to relax, breath, drink, may be eat some candy or chocolate, maybe they will go away...it happened once for me, but later on that day I had to go and in 7 hours my daughter was born.
    ganna04

Answer by ganna04 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Try to relax and drink plenty of fluids.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was just telling my MIL that I wasn't sure what braxton hicks contractions felt like... my nurse has started asking at my appts if I'm having them and I'm not really sure. there are times that i feel my tummy get pretty tight but i don't know if that's from the baby stretching or if its B.H.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Be sure to drink plenty of water....it will help them ease up!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2010