Anybody NOT heat their bottles?

I never really even considered heating a bottle unless it was refrigerated but now I keep hearing people say how long to takes to make a bottle of formula cuz you have to mix it and heat it and blah blah...why? I just measure, shake, and serve! Does everybody heat the bottles? Am I supposed to??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• heating is not required :) I had to heat bottles for a while because my kids were breast fed and that comes out at 98.6 so I started heating but gradually heated less until it wasn't heated at all.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• If it's room temperature, you don't need to warm the bottle. I never warmed bottles when the water was room temperature. Besides, the bottle isn't suppose to be "warm"- it's suppose to be warm temperature.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Ohh okay good. I was beginning to think I was missing something!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I NEVER DID EITHER. I USED ROOM temperature WATER SO THERE WAS NO NEED TO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I never warmed up bottles either. Just room temp. water I add to the powder formula
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My last sentence was suppose to say "Besides, the bottle isn't suppose to be "warm"- it's suppose to be room temperature"........NOT warm temperature......lol
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I never heated them my son would not drink it even if it was a little bit warm.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I never did my son got them room temp with bottled water and he seemed perfectly happy with that, I am hoping with my daughter I will be able to breast feed unlike with my son, but if I can't then room temp she will get as well
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I never did. waste of time!
    BethKratwell

Answer by BethKratwell at 1:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I breast fed first and tried to give her room temp bottles but she didn't want them. After I warmed it she liked it just fine. She is that way with food too. I tried starting her on food at room temp but she always did better with it warm. The only thing she likes at room temp is her fruit baby food and juice. She really hates anything cold. I think you just have to adjust to the child.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:50 AM on Oct. 10, 2008