Did your Mother or MIL try to tell you what baby name to pick

for your baby? My Mother only said once if I called a boy Robert I should call him Robbie, and nothing else. My MIL wanted an ugly Bonnie Sue. She said it sooooooooo often I finally got on a pregnacy hi-horse and told her she needed to get pregnant if she wanted a Bonnie Sue.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if they tried it went right over my head because i wasn't really open to suggestion from anyone who wasn't participating in the making of said baby.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 4:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• no, they were both very non-intrusive about baby names... but I didn't really talk about it with either of them until my husband and I had decided on a name. so it was like "this is the name we picked..." no room for discussion.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my mil tried to pick on the names alison (my girl who i named after my dad's middle name), and quincy. keep in mind that her kids are named clairmont everton (my hubby), colene carlotta, and horace oliver. what ugly names..... i blew it off bc obviously she has absolutely no taste in names!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• lol nope, my mil or mother had any say in what we named our dd, it was a name that my dh and i decided on!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 4:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My MIL definitely kept telling me all these family names that we should use. Names that I would NEVER name a child. I would usually just smile and say thanks for the idea, although there were some times I would laugh and say no way. In the end, it's your baby and they probably think they are just trying to help, even though it's really annoying.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 4:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• oh yes...lol, & i HATED every one she suggested!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• They gave a few suggestions and my parents made it VERY clear when they didn't like a name. But, when it came down to it, DH and I had the hardest time agreeing on a name. Our girl name was SO easy. I picked one and everyone liked it, but once we found out that he was a boy, that was a whole other story! LOL
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My mother.When I was pregnant with my daughter, my mom was stuck on a name for her...I can't remember what the heck it was now...but it was so bad my mom kept referring her unborn granddaughter by this name even though I told her that neither I or dh cared for it,lol. I went with the name we liked, Aubrey...my mom got over it,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I just kept my mouth shut until it was baby time, and then announced the name.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• EVERYONE had something to say. At one point my husband said we'd decided on CHEWE, an acronym for the suggested names (Charles Henry Edward Walter Eugene). That actually got everyone off our case.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010