a friend of mine and their puppies!

a friend of mine well not really a friend, asked me to help rehome his puppies. thing is after i brought them home i see they have some issues. one has a really bad rectal prolapse(from straining when pooing and turned inside out).i know they don't care about the problem and i have a credit card but i only have 2k on it and we were going to use that money for my husbands bad tooth this monday. i just don't have the money for the vet and they are not even my dogs. any vets on here know what would happen if it's left untreated? one is very severe where there is actually a hole some are just popping out rather then flat underneath the tail. if i send them back i'm afraid they won't tell the new owners and the new owners dump the pups at a shelter. which i don't want to have happen. any ideas? i really want to do something i just don't know what. thanks in advance.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pets

• OMG- that's terrible! You should find a no-kill shelter & this "friend" is no friend for dumping this on you! (pardon the pun!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Me, personally, I would take them to an animal shelter. That's crappy of your friend to dump these puppies on you.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• * facepalm * I just realized the puns in my answer. Sorry wasn't trying to be a smartass!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• this is how I got the jack russel I have now and his sister. They were born with hernia's and rectal prolapses, a true prolapse though not a deformity. the female puppy died within days even after surgery and the male survived and is fine, the hernia has even corrected itself. Our vet told me at the time that the prolapse is actually caused by a common canine parasite. They were both treated for the parasite but only one survived. Sadly, I'm afraid the ones with the deformity may have to be put down. GL though with those babies.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• omg! parasites.
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Call your local animal hospital, and see if there is any groups in your area that can help you pay for this. Maybe a no kill shelter would know someone you could call, though I don't think they would take the puppies because they have those problems. You could always see if the vet will do payment arrangements, and go from there. Tell your friend that they need to pay for it, or at least help you pay for it. Then you could always charge a small re-homing fee to get your money back.

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• thats terrible, call a vet, talk to them, see whats wrong first b4 u do anything
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Oh my, did you have any luck with the puppies?
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010