• In the Spotlight:

Allergic reaction to formula?

I just switched my son's formula due to constipation and it worked for that but now his voice is raspy. I read somewhere this could be due to an allergic reaction. Is that true? Would there be other signs if it was and if it's not then what else could make his voice raspy? He's 2 1/2 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think there would be other symptoms.... fever, rash etc...My baby is EBF and his voice is raspy.. i say it;s the weather change... My 2 year old goes through it every year!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 1:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I would call the Dr
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• that's probably.. the best course of action of course....
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 2:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Call and speak to your pediatrician or one of his/her nurses. Better safe than sorry! I hope the little one starts feeling better soon!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Call the Dr. and just see what he/she would say on it, but it could just be that you switched in the same time as the weather change thus-the raspy voice because of the changes in weather! This is the season of colds starting-because of change of weather, but talk to you Dr. then if they feel concerned they will let you know if you should change his formula again or not! I think there are usually other symptoms-but I"m not a Dr. so talk to yours!!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2008