Why are your children blessings?

I love how excited our 4 year old is when I pick her up from school to tell me about all the fun she had. I love how she brings a fresh light to the world. When I teach her about things, it's like I'm looking at them and appreciating them for the first time. I love how our 1 year old has a crazy and contagious laugh that brightens up even the darkest of times. She's so loving. She loves to pick up baby dolls and cover them in slobbery kisses lol. Little things like this outshine everything else in my life, and that's why I look at them as my blessings. How about you?

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 4:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• They are - blessings from God.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That was so beautiful, it brought a tear to my eyes. You have a real talent for descriptive writing & should consider taking a writing class or something. Your children are lucky that you can appreciate those times w/ them & are there for them.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My son is a blessing because I was told all of my life that I shouldn't/couldn't have children. I had a very high-risk pregnancy, but my son was born perfectly healthy, beautiful and is my little angel. I cannot imagine my life without him. After waiting 31 years for him, I won't waste a single minute that I can have with him.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 4:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• awww that was so sweet, my son is a blessing because he made me get my life straight, when I wake up to that beautiful smile of his It makes my day. He gives me something to live for. He gives me hope when it seems like everything is going wrong. He is my angel sent directly from above
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• They brought purpose to my life.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• As OTT said - my children brought purpose to my life.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• He was a surprise because I only have one ovary and at my age our chances of conceiving were not as good. He is a miracle because the pregnancy, considering we weren't trying and I wasn't in the best of health, was unevenful (except for the morning sickness). He is a blessing because he was born exactly 2 months after my mother in law died and 2 months before my grandmother died. My dad told my husband that this year both of them became orphans, but now Luke (our son) was there to take their place in their hearts.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Because my daughter was a happy surprise, and it took me 5 years to get pregnant with my son. Yes, they are frustrating, and sometimes make me crazy, but I get on my knees every morning and night and thank God for them!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My son is a blessing because he constantly teaches us what is important in life and has now started talking and talking back but that ok and even when he drives us crazy we love him and I echo your sentiment I thank God for him every day He has taught how important respect of other people is regardless of their who there are we are all human.
    cappacarol298

Answer by cappacarol298 at 7:52 AM on Aug. 28, 2010