What do you think? Ok I read today that most people have a second child to give the first child a sibling , & not to be lonley & not that they desired #2 but to acompany the first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• I had my second baby because i reeeally wanted another baby! I am glad that my 2 year old will have a little brother.. but i had him for purely selfish reasons :)
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 1:23 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• never had a planned pregnancy LOL

I think only children do tend to be spoiled and have less social skills (not all just the ones I know BTW so no one bash me on that please)

even though none of my 3 kids were planned, I never had any intentions of having just 1 child, I always knew I would have more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I think one is enough! I have one and I get alot of people telling me to have another one so my son wont be lonely and so i can have a girl and i'll have the pair, but i feel like telling them "well if u take care of it for me i'll have it!" because its not fair that we're the ones going threw stress with our kid then these people come and want to give orders to us to have more children. They dont know if we're going threw depression or what, I suffered alot during pregnancy with high blood pressure etc. and theres no way i want to have another one, i dont care what anybody says. anyways when my son starts school next year he'll have friends to play with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I always hated the thought of only having one... What if something happens to that one and you have no other children... i picture myself being surrounded by my children a and grandchildren when i am older. I was really sick with my first baby and had him early... btu my second pregnancy was wonderful. i'm rambling... i need to go to bed!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 1:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Even if that is the main reason someone chooses to have a second child, that doesn't mean they love that child any less than the first.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I always wanted 5 kids. before i ever started having any that is what i wanted. so I did. i think someone having a 2nd child to have a sibling for their first IS a desire to have a 2nd child. i dont imagine anyone is saying "i didnt really want 2 kids but i HAD to have 2 because my 1st one needed it."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I dont think it is soley for company. I am sure there was desire along with making the decision...company is just a perk.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2008