• In the Spotlight:

Do you have all your infant clothes seperated,folded,hung up and put away by the age/size?

I'm going nuts here,lol. This is my least favorite part of getting ready for a new baby to come home,lol.
I'm going through ALL the baby clothes.UGH.
I've been given tons..new and used..from newborn(even a few preemie,just in case!) to 3T!
They've all been washed.
Now its time to put them away.I've been working on it ALL day.The newborn drawer is stuffed and I started the second drawer with 0-3 months and now I just found a bag full of MORE newborn stuff..UGH! Now I have to move the clothes down.
Its such a tedious task. But I know if I don't do it right then I will find a whole crap load of stuff he never got to wear because by the time I find it, they will be too small,lol.
How do you do yours?
Oh..and I'm only doing up to 12 months sizes in the drawers and hung up..the bigger ones are getting boxed,labeled and stored,lol.JOY ...JOY.I guess by the time you do this 3 times..it loses its fun feel, know what I mean? LOL

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 4:42 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had them organized but not like that. she had so much there were tons with tags on it even now and she is 17months. i got even more when she was about 8months and still i buy. its endless. i try to box them and bag them as she grows out of it though. good luck. i know its a tedious job.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 4:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I put the newborn size in the dresser, the 0 to 3 in the closet and threw the rest in rubber maid storage bins. When it would get close to time for a size i would dig it out and get it ready to go and hang it in the closet until we were ready for the switch. Example: Right now my son is wearing 12month clothes. In the top drawer are socks, bibs, hats and shoes, 2nd is shirts...long sleeved on one side and short on the other, next drawer is pajamas, and next drawer is pants and shorts. Coats are hanging on the rack by the door. In his closet are all his 18month clothes hung in categories so they will be easy to put in the dresser :) I put them up there a week ago cause its almost time to make the switch :) He has the larger sizes in a storage bin in his closet :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i did have them organized before she was born...now they're just everywhere....she's one month
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• And you found time to type? Wow- you are amazingly organized. I don't think you need any advice in that dept. Except for maybe organizing by seasons if you have winter where you live. I go thru all my drawers twice a year- cooler clothes/warmer clothes. Other than that, you got it covered. And you are lucky to be so well stocked.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• This is my first, so my husband and I really enjoyed it lol. We hung newborn and 0-3 months and then filled the top drawer with things that couldn't be hung. Then we did subsequent drawers for the different sizes, but I still have pills of sorted clothes on the floor waiting their turn to be washed lol. My husband is very organized, so we even made a spreadsheet listing every type of clothing we had for each size so we would know what we are missing lol. It's fun to look through all the little clothes. :-) I do find a problem when I keep getting more lol cause I want to make sure and keep them organized.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I did when she was this age. I had a changing table with four baskets where I kept her bibs/burp cloths, light blankets/thick blankets, pajamas/onesies, and then the other basket held diapers/wipes/cream/powder. I also hung all of her outfits up. Kept all of the clothes she was going to grow into/out of in separate baskets at the top of her closet. =) It wasn't really that much work. It's much easier when it's all organized.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I kept the 0-3 month stuff out and hung up/in dresser. Everything for later stages went in a rubbermaid tub. Otherwise it's too much stuff to keep track of!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yup, I have everything that I've received from awesomely gracious friends separated into sizes, boxed and labeled. All the NB/0-3 month stuff is in his "dresser" (one of those little plastic carts with the clear drawers that's on wheels) with onesies, socks and hats in the top drawer, sleepers in the middle and shirts, pants and bibs on the bottom.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was doing that today as well. Except I'm still sorting and boxing. We're expecting our third in February, so I have a few months.
    Right now I'm sorting through them by gender first. Then I'll go through and sort by size. My sister in due in March/April, so if she has the opposite gender that I do those will go to her.

Right before the baby comes I'll put all the 0-6 months in a drawer. But that's it. Leave the rest for when she/he gets bigger.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've never had that many sizes to sort through. Now I have up to 4T, but they get stored as my kids outgrow them, so I've never had to deal with that many sizes at once. But anyway. I only put their current stuff in the dresser. I have the next season in a box in the closet. Bigger things that my older two have outgrown are stored in those Giant zip lock bags in the laundry room (we don't have a basement)
    If you're overwhelmed by it all just seperate out the smaller stuff and leave everything else boxed up. When your baby outgrows the smaller sizes go through it all again and dig out the next size. That's what I would do.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2010