6 month old and formula?

She just recently decided she only wants solid foods... won't take her bottle with formula... I also have been offering her a sippy cup so I also tried that with formula but she wouldn't take it. Solids only. Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmmm i have not had that problem. my suggestion would be to not offer solids until after she has had her bottle, maybe only offering solids once per day. maybe you should ask a doctor you trust. gl :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• are you making her food? you can add in a little of her prepped formula to her food. Make her cereal with it, etc.
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 5:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Babies need 32 oz formula until 12 mo for brain growth. Solids won't do it. You may have to stop formula for awhile to get baby back to taking formula.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Does she possibly have an ear ache or ear infection? When my babies do/did one of the only indications was they wouldn't suck their bottle or cups. My one son only gets low grade fever. Neither tug at their ears. So that was my only cue. Did you give her the next level flow of nipple? So she can drink more faster?
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Your baby needs infant milk (breast or formula) for the first year. Easing off of the solids should encourage your baby to take in more formula.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 8:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010