Smothies with friuts healthy

I am starting a new life style. I am eating more fruits and vegetables.
I love smothies so why not just take my friuts on a drink mmmmmm.
Any great Ideas please help.

I tried 1 cup of banana (It was frozen) , 1 cup of strawberries(They were frozen), 1 pack of sweetener and water mmm that was good.

elisabellaguna

Asked by elisabellaguna at 4:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I love green smoothies! I fill the blender about half way with fresh fruit juice or water, add lots of raw fruits, and a handful of greens like spinach, lacinato kale, or fresh herbs. Trust me...they are WAY better than they sound! Everyone needs more green leafies in their diet, and this is an easy and tasty way to add some. You'll find LOADS of recipes for green smoothies online if you do a search.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I like to make them with yogurt, frozen fruit and a splash of juice:) Sometimes I will add in protein powder as well.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Protein powder, half a banana, almond butter and almond milk- this will hold me all day.

berries (straw, blue, rasp, black, boysen) and a splash of cran/pomogr juice (not cocktail) blended-very refreshing!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I make mine with fruit, milk and yogurt.

My kids love "monkey shakes"; banana, peanut butter and milk. I've started adding plain yogurt to it too.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Try adding honey instead of sweeter. It's a more natural alternative! I also add yogurt to mine. Or juices, like OJ or pomegranate. I even added milk the other day and it was great. If you want some added protein add a little tofu each day to it. Like cut the tofu into chunks, half it down the middle then across the sides 3 times. And throw one chunk in each day, you'll get 6 days worth. But to keep tofu good and fresh you have to replace the water in it often.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I make all kinds of smoothies with two part fruits and one part vegetable I also add my daily vitamin (in liquid form). I get three fruit/veg. servings and my vitamin at breakfast each morning.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Our favorite; pomegranate juice, plain greek yogurt, frozen banana, frozen blueberries, kale

Answer by rkoloms at 10:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I freeze a variety of fruits (strawberries - hulled, blueberries, kiwis - peeled & quartered, mango - peeled & chunked, bananas - peeled & chunked - don't always use frozen though, etc), and when it's smoothie time I throw in whatever fruits sound good, plus a handful of baby carrots & a handful of fresh spinach. I add enough 100% juice to make it blendable and that's it. I put no dairy in our smoothies, and no sweeteners of any kind (real or fake).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If you're going to use it as a meal replacement, add some silken tofu. it adds protein and it makes it creamy.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 1:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• yum lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010