Major Depression at end of pregnancy?

I am going through a major depression, read my other questions for the reasons why, and I was wondering what it could do to my unborn child. I am 39 weeks.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 5:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had too
    a called my doc
    he put me on pills
    it helped after a few days
    he said i was VERY high risk for PPD
    which i did not have
    but i was on pills

gl
    God Bless
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Depression itself won't hurt the baby. Have you been depressed before? I would tell your doctor about it and see what he/she suggests.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 5:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• To find out the effects, go to google and type in depression pregnancy third trimester. Depression can cause birth defects and small birth weight. The baby can have problems with cognitive and psychological development.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I went through it, and just rolled with the punches. Here i am today!! still a bit depressed, but just living life. Hope youre okay
    JanetCG

Answer by JanetCG at 5:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i had major depression at the end of my last 3 pregnancies. I always wondered how it affected my babies. I felt so bad cause I was very excited about having them, but I could not snap out of it! My midwife was concerend about me but I just knew I would be fine as soon as they were born. Literally the second they were born I felt amazing and very thankful it was all over!! Just be strong and think about that light at the end of the tunnell :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010