Tension HEADACHES!!

My head is hurting so bad, and at first I thought it was just a regular headache. But after talking to a friend I realized that I have a lot of junk going on right now, and all the tension is going to my body. Headaches, neck pain (from an old injury, but shows up during stressful times), loss of appetite from feeling sick, exhausted, and I think Aunt Flo is MIA because of it too (not sure if it's baby or not).
Anyway, what are some things that you do to relax yourself? And not just yourself, but your DH/SO too (happy partner = happy couple).

KricketMother09

Asked by KricketMother09 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Health

• find yourself a neurologist...... home oxygen is the BEST treatment for headaches. you feel it coming on and 10-15 minutes later you can be completely 100% pain free

also consider..... a shower/bath. a drink (adult!) or a few caffeine tablets.... a carb and fat meal like pasta w/ buttery cheesy sauce

Before my home oxygen for my headaches I'd goto the movies if at all possible. 2 hours in an icey cold theater with a tub of popcorn and an icee would generally help a lot :)

feel better!!!!!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Music can help, Reading. Something that can help you temporarily escape the immediate reality. What makes a person relax is very subjective. Is there something that you have done that makes you forget about everything around you? That you can zone out? I loose myself taking pictures, My husband hunts, or communes with nature. Just knowing I have the opportunity to do a relaxing activity can help. Good luck.

Also try AdvilĀ® Migraine
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 5:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• When I get a tension headache, I take a hot shower or wrap a hot towel over my neck and shoulders, take some tension headache meds (caffeine + pain reliever), and lie down in a quiet, darkened room.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have combo tension/migraine. I take Tomamax and have Maxalt. Plus have massage therapy every week. I do not know how to relax myself, I have never learned. I took a stress management class, and it didn't do me any good. The instructor annoyed me. You can try this, tri-fold a towel long ways, then roll it up. Lay down in a cool dark room with it under your neck, and try an ice pack on your forehead. Take pain meds, too. That helps ease the tension.
    The neurologist that diagnosed me with these headaches also gave me trigger point injections. They helped.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• bubble bath while reading a book
    strong86

Answer by strong86 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010