help plez

ok so today i havent been feeling good idk why i been having some back pain and my sides keep hurting i even slept later than usual im 38 weeks my whoo whoo or some call va jay jay hurts when i walk and i get theses weird feelings down there and my the top of my pelvic bone is hurting when i get up and start to walk should i go into labor and delivery for them to check me out or is it jus round ligament pain my mom wants to take me in cuz she said i could be in labor and not know cuz thats how she was wit my sister

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its def worth a trip to the dr...sound to me like you def could be
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• it could be that your baby has "dropped" which means your baby is lying really low already in your pelvic bone ready to come out. about the pain you should go get checked dont expect the same symptoms that other people tellyou you will feel when your in labor everyones different and has different experiences
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 5:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If you feel you should, then go. I did not have any real signs of labor when I went into labor at 28 weeks with my oldest. I just happened to be at the hospital for a stress test at the time and they discovered it. Then, when I went into active labor, my water broke, but I never really had contractions, just pressure.

The second time I was pregnant, I started to feel some twinges and I panicked and went into L & D and they were fine about checking me out and determining I was not in labor at that time. I felt kinda silly, but they didn't treat me like I was wrong for going in at all.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• When in doubt...I always say...just go in and have them check ya.
    But me being me...I never go in, LOL
    I'm 37 weeks myself and I've been having those pelvic pains when I walk to. Hurts, doesnt it?
    Back pain IS common..but it is also a sign of labor.So its really hard to tell someone if they should go in or not with those symptoms. If your mama is saying to go, I'd listen to her. Better to be safe than to deliver baby in the car! LOL
    Good Luck!! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sounds like the baby is moving into position. I felt like that the week before I delivered. Is it easier to breathe - like s/he's not sitting on your lungs anymore? I wouldn't go in unless you're contracting. Braxton-Hicks start at your pelvis and move UP your stomach. Labor contractions start at your ribs and move DOWN your stomach.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Most likely you don't need to go in till your water breaks.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Doctor had to break my water, and my mom had six kids, not once did her water break. So don't be waiting for that. My OBGYN told me that it's never wrong to go in just to check. He said better safe than sorry.
    KricketMother09

Answer by KricketMother09 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Doctor DO NOT have to break your water, your baby can be born in the bag just fine.

If you aren't contracting, you more than likely aren't in labor. If you are hurting bad and just want checked out, it won't hurt to go.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I dont think you need to go in. I felt like that for weeks with all 4 of mine. Just get some rest!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

KaRaBaSsEtT