Do you ever regrat having kids or having them when you did?

I wish I had waited a few more years before starting my family. I love my kids but I really wish I had waited. I also wish there was more than 3 years between my 2. Man I did it all wrong!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• If I could have the same pregnancy experience, the same child come out and behave exactly the way he did/does then yes I would have waited like 3 years at least. My DH and I were married at 19, and decided to get pregnant 6 months later. I personally don't think I at 19 was mature enough to have made that decision and I wish someone had been there to give me advice and tell me to wait until after I was 21, and after I had lived a little.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No..

I didn't have my only child until I was 29 (well 2 weeks before my b-day). I had already been married 6 years at the time.. I had already: travelled, college, been in the Peace Corps, and had been working in my chosen career field.

I've always been happy with the order in which I did things in my life.

I'm now 47 years old and in a new stage (I'm an empty nester) in life, and ready for my next adventures :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have two children from two different marriages. I do not regret either one of my children. My 11 year old has autism and can be a challenge. The other one is 1 year old. I am now happily married. I often get asked if I regret my first marriage and I have to say, I do not. I would not have my 11 year old without having been in that relationship.
    Having my boys 10 years apart and having one developmentally disabled is challeging and can be frustrating, and while I have my moments of ARRGGHHHHH!!!!! In the end, I am very happy with my life.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I adore my son and husband. Everything is terrific and I have no regrets. It would have been nice to be this happy ten years ago, but it wasn't meant to be :) I thought I was ready for children a long time ago, but I didn't have a good man to have them with so it didn't happen. Things work out the way they are supposed to.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 5:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I just had my first baby in Jan I am 26..almost 27 and I wish I could of gotten preggo when I first started trying at 19..but it was just not in the cards at that time..i do plan to have more children hopefully before im 30..and I would never ever regret my miracle!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I got pregnant with mine 2 months after I got married. It was the stupidest thing I ever did. Me and DH didn't get to enjoy just being married. It really sicks and I can't wait for them to graduate. The only plus is I will be only 45 when the second one graduates high school. Then maybe I can really live for a few years before I die.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm sad that I had him at 38, I wish it could have been earlier, but I didn't even meet my husband to be until I turned 30... Otherwise I love my life.... :)
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No... I do however wish I would have enjoyed the time more before I had them. I had 3 miscarriages before my first baby. I had a one track mind. All I could think about was having a baby. I think I took for granted so many little things like being able to run to the gas station at the drop of a dime. Things you'd never even think of. Or like showering whenever I want!! Haha Oh the joys of motherhood! =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• With my older 2 yes I do wish I would of waited a little longer but I never have regretted having any of my 3 kids ever
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I regret having them so early. I had my DD @ 15, DS @ 17 (two weeks before technically) and DS @ 19. I thought I was done. There father and I split. I got married. My DH wanted a baby of his own so badly. We tried and tried, had several miscarriages, we tried so hard it ruined out marriage. Just after our divorce we hooked up again and vola I got pregnant, with a special needs baby who he immediately denied. Then I waited a few years, started dating the man of my dreams and the bc failed again (see older 3 children), we had dated 4 months and I was pregnant, that scared him away from marriage but we stayed together and had another daughter after that one. I think I scared him when I told him I didn't get pregnant to trap him and he could leave whenever he wanted, 2 months later we were married. So I did it all backwards, but no regrets!
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 6:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010