My SO...

This is going to sound like a very strange complaint. Recently my SO seems to be trying TOO hard, he's just not acting himself with me. He's overly polite, he never gets angry about anything (even if I have done something which he would have every right to be upset about) and, although it sounds ridiculous to complain about him being overly polite and pleasant, I just wish he'd act like his old self again. Maybe just show some real emotion... Have I done something wrong? Or am I being silly and over thinking this? It's almost as if he's scared to do anything that may upset or anger me.

SarahBel

Asked by SarahBel at 5:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• are you wanting to old him back
    or wondering why the change?

sounds to me like you are wondering why he is like this
    are you worried he may be over compensating because of guilt

maybe i read too much into this
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I want the old him back, at the moment he's just not acting like the person I fell in love with in the first place.

He's not the type to cheat or anything. I know that sounds over trusting and perhaps naive, but I know what he's like and I trust him implicitly. He's proven himself over the past how many years...
    SarahBel

Comment by SarahBel (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Maybe he told himself to start being consciencly nicer to you. I've told myself that about dh before..of course it only lasted maybe 24 hours, LOL...but he asked me if there was something wrong with me too! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• WHAT??? I don't suggest sleeping with his friend.

It kinda does sound like he's up to something though. And I'd ask, straight out. I wouldn't be able to NOT ask, it would bug me to no end.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I certainly do not advise sleeping with someone else either....and I too think perhaps he is up to something. Maybe he made a big purchase and is not wanting to tell you about it...since you said he is not a cheater, which was going to be my first response.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i disagree i don't think he is up to anything. my husband does this when he has screwed up and wants to restore his brownie points. just sounds like he is walking on egg shells with you cause maybe you really chewed him out over something he did seriously wrong and is trying to make amends to it.i also trust my husband and know he would never cheat.

just ask him what's the deal here, i don't like this new you! stop it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You are being silly and over thinking this!!!!!!!!!!!!
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• He's bit doing anything to be guilty of!! He is probably just trying to understand all the things you have screamed to him about. My SO does this all the time and it irritates me. He just tries so hard to please me when I really just let him have it. It usually last a few days and it's very sweet of him to try but I hate that he does act so different. I don't get why he can't be hisself but still work on the problems I have with him. I would just tell him straight out that you appreciate him trying but it's ok to act normal too.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:53 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Maybe he is just noticing how lucky he is to have you :) And how special you are to him.
    Momie09

Answer by Momie09 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010