Can anyone share insight on black discoloration and a black bump on my 13 mo gum where a tooth will soon be coming it?

My daughter is working on her 1yr molars, and her upper right one has not yet poked through. On the bottom part of where her tooth will be coming in it is black. On the outer part, there is a black bump. It doesn't seem to bother her, but it's tough to say for sure.

LsMamaL

Asked by LsMamaL at 1:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Health

• My daughter had something similar to this, although her's were more blue, like a bruise. My doctor called them "Eruption cysts." Google that and see if they look like your daughters. If they don't, I'd take her to the Doctor, just to be on the safe side.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I don't know about that one i don't thik i've heard of a tooth coming in like that. I would ask a DR. or look it up some where.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommeds a "First visit by first birthday"  dental checkup.  If you have not scheduled this yet, a list of resources if available on their website www.aapd.org .  Dental health majorily affects general health, so an ounce of prevention now could save both your childs health and your pocketbook in the long run. Medical diagnosis is best left to the experts, then seek further information on the diagnosis and treatment options on the internet. Nothing melts a mother's heart like her child's smile.

greenergypsy

Answer by greenergypsy at 11:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2008