Is it to late to give them up for adoption!?

They are 3 and 6 and getting on my last f-ing nerve right now! Dh new job sucks! I am home with them all the f-ing time with no help! If I was a single parent they would not be alive. I have no idea how they do it!! I will be so happy for dinner to be ready then they can eat bath and go the heck to bed! Peace til 9:30! Then DH is off tomorrow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Haha wow some of the moms here must have perfect kids or never get stressed out. When I read the post I thought it was a stressed out mom being sarcastic. Hmmm.... Never actually crossed my mind that OP would really go kill her kids. I suppose sadly it does happen but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion based on this post.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 6:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Wow.Sounds like youre really having a rough day with the kiddos.
    Can you take a minute to step outside by yourself and breath?
    When you come back in maybe you can make them some popcorn and ask them if they want to watch a video with you..do you have any Disney movies you can put on?
    I have some hectic days too.But tomorrow will come. Try to relax...despite the craziness that is going on. Try to think of a way to calm them down and yourself too.
    If it gets too overwhelming for ya, is there family or a friend you can call to come over to visit with you for a bit or just to sit with them for a minute while you take a walk?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• wow!
    bad day?
    or needing real help?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry hun! I know they can get frustrating. Just try to relax and get them to watch a movie or something. Go get some "mom time" with a friend tomorrow.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No, it's never too late, but the likely hood of them actually being adopted decreases the older they get.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• breath breath breath
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• While it is never to late to give your kids up I think the real thing here is that you need a break from the kids. Maybe you could get a job even part time or ask family to help out. I am so sorry you are feeling this way. You need to be discussing this with your dh now before your kids do end up dead and that would be tradgic. I hope you get the help you need.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Sounds like a pizza, ice cream night..... I would give them 10 plus movies, popcorn, pillows, blankets, pizza, pop (or juice) and let them stay up all night in one room. Check on them often, offer games and ice cream when they start to get restless. (If you can afford it get a sitter for tonight).
    The whole reason for this is to get them to sleep in tomorrow. You could have a bath, a full night sleep, and maybe even breakfast alone (or with DH). The key it to not look it the room you allowed the children to party in, until at least noon tomorrow. Then try to make a game of clean up.
    Unfortunately as SAHM you never will get all the breaks you need and deserve. I understand your frustration. Do your best to create breaks for yourself, nap/quite time for children 1 hour a day, "give me a minute' toys (a new, small typically cheap toy) that will give you the 5-15 minutes of peace you need. GOOD LUCK.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm not going to kill them. lol. At worse I will yell at them and put them to bed a little early. RIght now I have on e in the tub and the other playing down stairs so it's okay at the moment. Unfortunately the bath won't last forever but on the plus side we can skip that step this evening and get them to bed earlier. :0)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was wondering that when mine were teens. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010