Potty Training--Toddler uses bathtub as #2 dumping ground. adult content

My son has always been very stubborn about potty training, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks he has done wonderfully with peeing on the toilet. I have to remind him to wash his hands almost every time, but he just goes on his own without my help. Going #2 has been different because he has accidents almost every time. When I clean him up I place him in the tub so it doesn't get anywhere else. So, after a while he would have an accident and automatically get in the tub. Thought this was nice, until he knew when he had to go and stood in the tub to do #2 on purpose. Told him he should always try to go in the toilet and only get in the bathtub if he already went in his pants. Just today, told him three times because he kept getting in the bathtub. Thought I made it clear, but still went in the tub anyway. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do?

NaturalMomma219

Asked by NaturalMomma219 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well thats a start! lol. better in the tub than on the floor! I'd say be consistant and remind him poop goes in the potty? If you catch him in the act of pooping sit him on the toilet so he puts 2 and 2 together??? I bumped ya
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Could you give him a reward for sitting on the potty instead of the tub? It sounds like he is almost there and just needs a nudge!! GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• throw away something when he goes in the tub get him like a 5 or 6$ toy when he uses the toilet
    raveispretty89

Answer by raveispretty89 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• not sure
    GL mama!
    Mom2Giovanna

Answer by Mom2Giovanna at 11:21 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would try rewarding him with something he loves. Little Boys are smart and he knows what he is doing. Just needs some extra help. Good luck and it wont be long and he will have it down!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Well for starters I would be watching for when he went in to stand in the tub. They are pretty quick I know, but if you just get him out of the tub onto the toilet ONCE, it's a start. I would also maybe talk about how uncomfortable it is to use the tub but how absolutly WONDERFUL sitting on the toilet is. And then maybe take him shopping for some special rewards for when he poops- ON THE POTTY.
    Good Luck!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It's taken my ds time to learn to poopy in the potty. He's getting the hint. Give him praise. That's what we do.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2010