BREAKFAST at school??

Really? There are schools that serve breakfast?? How hard is it to make your kid breakfast or is it just for working parents that have to leave SO early they cant even eat with their kids?

Im really surprised... that is such a nice way to start the day with your children I cant imagine sending them off without having fed them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in

• I have to agree with ya there! I was surprised to read that on here too. None of the schools in my district serve breakfast, or lunch, they do have a "fun lunch" day every couple weeks, were they can order pizza or subway, and every other friday its' popcorn day. The proceeds from those go to the school.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• The majority of public schools I've ever known have served breakfast.

It's pretty standard.. Many kids do not eat breakfast at home for a myriad of reasons.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes, there are schools that have breakfast. Ours doesnt but at my sons old school they did.
    He still ate at home but they ate there too,lol. Breakfast is his favorite meal of the day,lol.
    For some kids..the only nutrition that they get is from school , so I'm not against it and I don't think theres anything wrong with it.
    And still, even though my son eats breakfast at home before school every day, we don't always eat it together. Our family meal of the day is dinner.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I don't think it's a bad idea to do breakfasts at school. It helps out working parents that are pushed for time in the morning, it gives the kids a chance to socialise before school and they'd probably offer a healthier breakfast than if the kids had to grab something out the door or make their own.
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 5:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Our secondary school (middle and high 7-12) does it - kids are on the buses sometimes at 6 am and classes start at 7:30 am so yes we have breakfast - it's served from 7 am to 7:25 am - sometimes the teachers need it too :)
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I never heard of a school that didn't serve breakfast. The breakfasts are supplied because many there are many kids out there who's parents simply can't afford to make them breakfast. Plus there are the ones who's parents have to drop them off HOURS early so they can get to work... Or any other list of things.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• A lot of them do qualify for these free lunch programs so that's why they eat there. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My son's school serves breakfast. We could get up even earlier so I can cook him some breakfast, but, he would rather sleep in and eat at school. He rides the bus to school because i can't afford to waste gas driving and sitting in an insane line to drop him off. I have breakfast food here that he can eat, but, he doesn't want to.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My daughter's school serves breakfast. Every school I ever went to did (and that was a lot of schools). She prefers to eat at school with her friends than at home. And it means an extra 30-45 minutes of sleep for us all. She gets on the bus at 6:40 as it is. I would rather her eat there than get up at 5 am. If you think that makes me a bad mom, I'm glad your opinion of me doesn't matter.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• All of our public schools serve breakfast. It's not that it's difficult to prepare breakfast at home, but when my kids were in public school my younger daughter ate school breakfast occasionally because she liked the variety.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:15 PM on Aug. 27, 2010