How much does it cost to take out 2 names out of your whole name?

I have 2 middle names, and my last name.
I want to get rid of one of my middle names, and get rid of my last name because too many people label me as my family who are always in the news paper for doing crimes! and all that. People tell me whatever don't bother, who cares. I CARE, and I am tired of people telling me it shouldn't matter, but it does when I have my own docotor asking me if my sister is dead (which isn't professional, because its none of his business)
anyway! I was just wondering how much it would cost, and where do I go?

JanetCG

Asked by JanetCG at 5:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think you contact your local Social Security office? Bc when you get married and change your last name, that's where you go. Not sure about the cost, though. It's probably different everywhere like everything else.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You would need to contact someone at your local courthouse. You have to appear beforee a judge and petiton for the name change. Cost varies by city/state. My sister had her last name changed right after high school and this is what she had to do.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We changed our name using legalzoom.com. The site had the paperwork we needed. We filed it with the court, made an appearance, and that was that. I think it cost $300 for all 4 of us to change our last name.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• go to court to get it approved, then go to social security, dmv, etc. and take care of your id's from there.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 27, 2010