Was it a hard choice for you to decide whether or not to have a second?

It was for me! I loved so much having just DS and us being able to do things. I was afraid if we had 2 He would miss out on stuff. There was one month I was late and sure our contraceptives had failed. I took a test and it was neg. It broke my heart and I knew it was time to start trying. I called DH and work in tears to tell him I wasn't pregnant. (He had no idea I questioned it) and he was like...o...k... lol. WE started trying that night. It took 7 more months of disappointment before I conceived.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 6:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• We were only going to have one child. Our ds is special needs and I wanted to dedicate all my time to him. Close to 6 years later I was excersising and my breasts hurt when I jogged. I thought it was my period, which was late. It took 3 tests and the ob's ultrsound to convince me lol. I was never happier! And I wish I could have more, but health issues and my age are against it. if I'd known then what I know now I would have started earlier and had many more!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Not really. It was 10 years between my 1st and my 2nd..so it was pretty exciting :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Nope, nature made the choice, not us... My oldest was 5 months old when we found out we were having a second... Had it been our choice there wouldn't have been a number 2 or 3, but BC fails and nature has different plans for us...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Nope cuz it just kinda happened..i was on the birth control patch...go figure : )
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We always knew we wanted more than one. We were a little surprised when it happened several months before we were going to start trying again, so we never really made the "decision" to have our second lol. But he's here now and I wouldn't take it back!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No.

I knew when I decided to have a child that I only wanted one child.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We didn't decide. The condom broke when DS1 was 11 months. DD was born roughly 9 months later (was a little early.) We had wanted at least 2 but if we had waited until we were ready, DS1 would have been an only. He was not an easy baby, toddler, up to 7 yr old.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Nope. I knew I wanted a 2nd. We started TTC when our first turned 1. It took until he was 25 months to conceive his baby brother. We weren't sure about having a 3rd, but took a chance. Now we have 3 boys and feel our family is complete! :)
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No, not at all. My oldest was going on two when her baby sister was born. We must have timed it right because she was born on Valentine's Day. My choices were harder when # 5, 6, &7 were coming. LOL! All of them are great and I wouldn't have changed a thing. It's just more fun now.
    MsAzucar

Answer by MsAzucar at 6:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We had wanted another and then I kinda went back and forth. We tried & tried and then I gave up. I don't remember how many months after I gave up I wound up pregnant.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010