medicaid abuse?

ok, if some one had 5 kids, only had custody of 3 of them (2 with their fathers, 1 with the mother's mother), and, had no insurance, and, was thinking of leaving her babies daddy for yet another man, would you think it is a public assistance abuse for her to disregard any birth control and get pregnant with her 6th child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• huh that sounds complicated lol, but yes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Unfortunately, we cannot make that decision... and it's a fact that happens everyday.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• no. not at all... but if she is just sitting there not trying to get back on her feet and just sitting back letting her state pay and support her and her kids then YES that is abuse but just because she is pregnant again doesnt mean shes abusing the system.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Yes. I understand being on the system for once child while you get back on your feet or get training to get a job to support yourself. However, when you start having 2 and 3 and more children all while being on the system... yes that's abuse. I'm tired of supporting their babies.. get a job and/or stop having additional ones that I have to support with my hard earned money.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• A very unstable life, which sounds to have a repetitive cycle. The young lady sounds like she may need some professional intervention (if not just for her, for her children).
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 3:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My opinion is that if you can't afford to take care of the children you have (or DON'T have in this case), you have absolutely no business bringing more children into this world.
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Unfortunately I dont think it would be considered public assistance abuse however I dont think someone in a situation that unstable has any business popping out yet another baby she cant afford or provide for
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Of course it is. However, we cannot punish all for the actions of some.
    PotatoMama

Answer by PotatoMama at 10:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It's called Civil Liberties
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I am with pupmom's answer (she is number 2). This kind of thing is always going to happen. Is it an abuse of they system? Of course it is. But the real question here is what are you going to do about it? Absolutely nothing can or ever will be done to this woman and she will prob live off of the system for the rest of her life.

The next question is should the welfare system shut down and not offer any assistance to anyone based on this poor excuse for a human being. My opinion is definiately not. There are many hardworking citizens out there that simply can't make ends meet. You can not deny them food or their children a roof because 'some' people are irresponsible and lazy.
    mscottsmom

Answer by mscottsmom at 1:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008