i really feel like something is wrong with me!!! lol

i told my doc about this at my last appt and he said its normal, but i dont feel like its THAT normal, it seems a bit more extreme but this is only my first pregnancy...anyway i get VERY short of breathe and light headed and dizzy and my pulse beats really fast and my heart feels like it is about to bust out of my chest... i had my boyfriend feel my heartbeat and he even said its REALLY fast! This doesnt just last for a few min it lasts like 2 hours and its been happening more an more lately. ANY ideas of what it could be? and what could help it?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:13 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I got like that so bad with my first i was scared over it all the time. When i went in to my first app. with this one they said that shortness of breath could be because of not enough water, thats just one reason. I couldn't find anything to help me with it other then to take it easy, and move slow when you get up. I know it kinda sux i was always wanting to do stuff but would end up having to sit or lay down. hope it gets better for you.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i drink water alll dayyy long.. either that or juice but mostly water. and it usually happens when im sitting or laying, even when ive been sitting for a long time... so i havent done anything fast pace or anything lately and it still happens :(
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i would drink those gallons or whatever they are of water when i was getting like that it didn't work for me either but thats what they told me to do this time. the dizziness for me would go away when i sat but not the shortness of breath. Thats what scared me the most. I want to help you but can't think of anything that helped me with my shortness of breath. maybe just talk to your doc about it again and tell him your really worried.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• its very normal. I definitely had it. It has to do with the hormones and all the extra weight. I would get so bad, especially after showers, that I would see black spots and stuff. I know it is worry-some, but it is very common
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 9:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• lol i hope that is normal lol happens to me lol and cant talk to the dr til my appointment
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• what about an anxiety attack? i have those and are not pregnant my doctor says it is caused by stress. but at first you feel like you cant breath, then your heart beats so loud and fast you feel like you may be having a heart attack and i always have to sit down because i feel faint. even though sometimes i dont fel like im stressed out but it always seems to happen when i feel calm. it last about 5 to 15 min but you feel really tierd for a couple of days later. just a thought. ask your doctor if that could be it
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 11:44 AM on Oct. 11, 2008