Is anyone else emotional post partum?

I just had my twins about 2 i/2 weeks ago and i find myself being almost sad that im not pregnant anymore:( im not sure why eiether..im not wanting anymore children and neither is my dh. we are thru having kids, this we BOTH KNOW for SURE. and idk i guess im sad that that part of m life, carring babies is done. 3 kids is our limit, and my twins pregnancy was SOOO painful towards the end, iwas so ready to push them out!lol idk im just an emotional wreck lately,..i know itsthe hormones returning to somewhat normal..lol anone else?

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 6:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was super emotional after Jack was born and with my history of depression my OB put me on anti-depressants at my first postpartum appt (at 5 days). They seemed to help. I kept getting all upset because I got my tubes tied and I knew Jack was our last. Even though I also knew it was the best decision since he was my 6th pregnancy, 5th child (had 1 miscarriage right before him) and all were c-sections. It was still hard to come to terms with the fact that Jack will be my last baby.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• yes i was extremely emotional afterwards. i could cry at the drop of a hat for no reason and it was almost immediately after i had my girls. and it lasted for a while id say 2 or 3 months then things got better. but even now i still have the urge to cry for no reason and my husband just thinks im wierd. lol im done having kids too and just the thought of that makes me a bit sad but both me and my dh agree that we are done. it will get better. once the hormones settle down and your body gets back to normal you wont feel so emotional.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I was exactly that way too. I think it has something to do with the last one being the last one and that phase of your life being over. It goes away though and you move on and look forward to grandchildren.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i was like that after i had my son. i just wasnt happy i love my kids and everything i was extremly happy to have my second son but i would find myself so sad i woudl want to cry sometimes. so i talked to my doctor at my 6 week checkup and i told her how i felt i mean even though happy things were going on i was always sad mad or something was wrong so she put me on antidepresents and now i feel so much better with some counceling and im very happy now
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I had my tubes tied after Brandon #7 and I still miss being pregnant, he's 4yrs old. Sometimes I miss it, knowing he's the last of the mohicans. But it gets better.
    MsAzucar

Answer by MsAzucar at 6:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010