Do you think parking lots should have speed limits and stuff like that?

I really do. I can not understand the people who try to drive 50mph through the Wal Mart parking lot. Every single time I go to any store, I almost get hit at least 3 times by someone speeding through the parking lot, or whipping between cars to go down and up aisle, etc. It drives me nuts! (I wasn't sure where to put this lol.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 6:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• agree - people are nuts out there and could care less that you have a stroller and child
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• some parking lots do have speed limit-signs posted..doesn't mean anyone adheres to them, tho. they can't even use the stop-signs right in front of the main doors where people are coming/going with carts/bags/kids; they're certainly not going to pay attention to a speed limit.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Some parking lots do but a lot of people ignore them. I swear, there are some stores that could use traffic lights in the aisles too.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 7:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes. But then again, someone would have to be there to ticket.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Most parking lots do have limits, it's just that many people do not follow the rules. I told my kids when they were learning to drive, the parking lot is 1 of the worst places to drive. I hate the people that pull through spots and in to the next lane. Between the carts, the kids, the people pulling through and those in reverse, it's a total hazard, IMO.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• there are in pa
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• lol meriana now that would be a sight to see traffic lights

OP alot of parking lots do have speed limits..and here alot of the walmarts have security guards that drive around and stop people who speed through the parking lot.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• They do have speed limits... Usually they are between 5 and 10 MPH... But like with any other area, you have to actually be caught before they can do anything...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• They should all have a posted limit and bigger speed bumps. Something to help keep the pedestrians in check too if you ask me. LOL I realize they have the right away, but that is not equal to having the right to not watch where the heck you are walking. You can't tell me places like Walmart can't afford one more minimum wage worker to wander the parking lot reminding people to be careful.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes, they should. And make it illegal to drive diagonally instead of up and down each aisle...I was almost hit by a speeding car (driver talking on cell phone) who was driving across the aisles , not up and down each row of parking spots.
    So...speeding diagonally through the mall parking lot while talking on his cell phone. I mean, how many big mistakes can one person make??? LOL.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010