does your toddler always want to eat dinner?

my dd didn't eat her dinner tonight. i made her soup and she didn;t want it. she had a good lunch and breakfast and good snacks through out the day but only drank her milk. anyone else toddler do this? other days she is constantly eating. she is 17months

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 6:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sometimes he doesn't and I just put him to bed when he fusses like that - he seems to be fine - it's happened a couple times when he's too worked up...
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Can't say we've ever given our daughter soup. She tends to only want to eat when she can self-feed. She quit letting us feed her several months ago. She will flat out refuse to eat if we're trying to feed her .

But yes, every single night she wants dinner. And every morning she wants breakfast, and her snacks, and lunch, etc. She's 14 months.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 6:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Mine is 4yrs. old and sometimes he does this, especially when he's been eating good all day. Besides they'll let you know when they're hungry.
    MsAzucar

Answer by MsAzucar at 6:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my middle kid is picky and sometimes he eats some meals more than others. i wouldn't worry about it especially since she ate good throughout the day.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Heck no she doesnt always want to eat dinner, LOL. Half the time she doesnt want to eat breakfast or lunch either, LOL. She thrives..yet I dont know how.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i let it cool down and she ate some. she loves to self feed and i think that is what it was. it had noodles and she was doing ok with the broth. its just messy but into the bath she usually goes after dinner. thanks everyone at least i am not alone in this.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm with kimberlyinberea my DS1 won't eat dinner 4 days out of the week and some days he won't eat anything (that I've seen) all day and somehow he is okay. I'm really not sure but the only explination I can come up with is that toddlers live off of sunshine and smiles.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 10:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• my 1 yr old would eat allllll day if i let her!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010