Are you giving your address to Pedophiles/creeps?? (what information your picture contains)

The other day I read that photos can contain Geotags- a physical address to the location you took the photo. After I read this I reconsidered all the people I have on my facebook. My facebook has pictures of me and my family.. my daughter is on there. How many people am I friends with on facebook thatI don't actually know? Groups, bands, etc?

Then, a friend told me the Facebook group " Being a parent is the best!" is actually a group by Pedophiles - a selection portfolio if you will. Although I can't be sure if thats true or not, I would rather be safe than sorry.

Im just trying to get the word out. Educate yourselves so you don't become a victim. The website that allows you to locate geotags is ( http://opanda.com/en/iexif/ )

The website that I read about geotags is ( http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/security-news/503546-geotags-can-compromise-your-privacy.html )

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 6:39 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Meh. I'm about as afraid of pedophiles as I am getting eaten by an alligator in western PA, or getting struck by lightning. I'm more afraid of reckless drivers.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 12:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I run a business out of my home, my phone number and address are EVERYWHERE. I have yet to find any reason to hide this stuff from anyone. It's all public information anyways, even if you aren't "listed" anywhere, you are still public... Seriously, I wouldn't let any of this stuff freak me out or stop me from doing what I have always done.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• that doesn't make sense.... i guess you're talking about pics taken with a cellphone instead of a regular camera?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I actually have only a very few friends on my face book and request only my friends to see my stuff, no friends of friends stuff. Hopefully that's the way it works. I've actually blocked a few people I don't want to see my pictures, hopefully that works too.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I use my cell phone to take pics and I turned off the GPS function so that it can't geotag pics. it's one thing for me as an adult to put my info out there, but I don't like taking risks with my kids.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• ummmmmmmmmm
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Only pics with cells can do that. I don't take cell pics.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• aw shoot....I'm already all over the internet....so it would take me to much time to look this up...besides if someone wants to find you bad enough, they'll do regardless of the safety and protection nets you put up...
    Jewelzgirl

Answer by Jewelzgirl at 1:46 AM on Aug. 30, 2010