ok help out... i havent had my period since my son was born, he will be 2 in dec... doc says i still have good eggs hormones to ttc so we started ... the thing is idk when to test because i do not have a period anymore! anyone help? question has anyone ever not had a period and still concieved?... and when should i test?... adult content

Jadens-mommy12

Asked by Jadens-mommy12 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Im not sure but you think you would just track when you ovulate.. and test 15-20 after ovulating... that should be more then enough time...
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You could take your temp every morning and chart to try and determine if you are ovulating.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My son is 19 months and I haven't had a period yet either - I am still actively breastfeeding and my periods have always been erratic. I am not TTC so I don't really complain. But when I got pregnant, I had 3 months of no period, then had a period for a day and a half, then got pregnant. Clearly my body was ovulating, but not regularly, so the fact that I got pregnant was sort of lucky. I was on my way towards having fertility treatments but we got pregnant before we made the appointment. I'd test maybe every 2 weeks, but also go back to the doc and have them explain to you exactly why you are not having periods and what they can do to help you along.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Right?... I asked my doc about all this and he acually said "wait a week after he CUMS inside you then test" I was so offended that wasn't a answer at all! Then he just laughed gave me my perscriptions and walked out I was speechelss so I found myself a new ob to start seeing on mon!...
    Jadens-mommy12

Comment by Jadens-mommy12 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If you are not bleeding you are not ovulating. If you ovulate you WILL bleed (unless you get pregnant).

Are you breastfeeding? That can delay ovulation for years.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You Prolactin levels are probably still high from breast feeding. Tell your new doctor to check the level of your Prolactin. I just found out that the reason I wasn't getting my period and not ovulating because of my prolactin level.

Good luck to you.
    amandatavisk

Answer by amandatavisk at 9:46 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I do ovulate noone understands that?.... I donot have my period but I ovulate.... I don't understand it either but thts what doc says... not just one doc I've been too plenty and they say I can still ov and concieve...
    Jadens-mommy12

Comment by Jadens-mommy12 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Your doing what I was going to suggest.......get a new ob....not having a period for 2 years doesn't sound right to me at all. Good luck hon

zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If you can afford the testing, I'd test every 28 days or so (maybe the same day of every month) until your period returns or you conceive. If the test is positive, it's positive, and if it's too early, it'll get caught on the next one. Since many women TTCing test monthly anyhow, this doesn't actually end up being much different other than that you don't have a pointer on when to test.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:26 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Breastfeeding can definitely delay your periods for a prolonged period of time (if you have been).Otherwise, get an new OB (the old one doesn't sound very professional).
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010