Did you know that 1 out of 12 people admitted to driving drunk?

When will people learn that this is not acceptable?

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That is shocking. I enjoy a glass of wine in the evening, but I stay home and don't drive anywhere. I also don't get drunk. I see that you have a Nebraska Huskers symbol for your avatar. In the Omaha area, there was a drunk driver who caused an accident at 9:30 a.m. and had a blood alcohol level 4 times the legal limit. He injured two small boys and killed their father, who was taking them to the first day of school. Ironically, the killer was taken to the same hospital where the man he killed was a radiology student.

I think that driving drunk is one the of most disgusting, selfish things a person can do. I have no respect for a person who chooses to get behind the wheel in that condition.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• did you know that more than that actually do it??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Ugh. I would never drive after drinking. I always (well the whole 3 times per year I go out) have a DD.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• not me!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I believe it. I have never been drunk at all and there's no way I would drive if I were drunk. People really don't think things through before they do it. Even if I have one drink, I refuse to drive.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I always wonder but the survey said this morning that's the percentage that admitted to it.
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That's awful! I would never! Even one drink and I won't drive.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 7:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've done it, when I was a teen. I know how stupid it was and am thankful everyday that I didn't kill or harm anyone. Hubby and I are already drilling it into our kids (12, 7 and 4 yo) that it is wrong and they should never, never do it. The "reasons" I had were stupid and I know it. In the years since then, my cousin killed a young woman while he was driving drunk. He spent time in prison and afterwards made a documentary about the whole thing because his experience was the experience of every other small town teenage boy and he wanted them to see that it can happen to them. As my kids get old enough they will see it - see that someone they know drove drunk and what the results of that are.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010