Can I be pregnant and still have a period?

I have two others and I didn't bleed with them!

Caramel824

Asked by Caramel824 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• NO
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 6:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You can bleed at times when you would have had periods and you may think they are periods but doctors don't call them periods.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Must be possible because there is a whole tv show dedicated to women that didn't know they were pregnant. lol Every one I've ever caught said they did in fact bleed.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• There's' many that have something like a period. It is a harder pregnancy. My DD was one of them. She didn't think she was pregnant since she had her like periods. But they can't be called that if you're pregnant. There's all kinds of pregnancies and they're different. Once she shared this, others said they had the same type of pregnancy. Good Luck to you! She ended up having a Preemie. Her Dr. said if the baby is above the avalanche he will be fine if its below the avalanche the baby is in danger! Her DR/OB loved to ski!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My mother had her period for her first pregnancy. She didn't even know she was pregnant until she felt the baby move because she had her period for the first six months. So yes. It is possible. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You guys sound like my moms she said you know you are fertile and as I get older my body is WIERD,thanks for your knowledge!
    Caramel824

Comment by Caramel824 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have heard that you can still bleed. I would go to your doctor
    Kristin0312

Answer by Kristin0312 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If you are bleeding, you need to let your doctor know. You can have vaginal bleeding caused by several complications in pregnancy or it is "normal" for some women to bleed throughout. It is not called a period because, as I'm sure you know, the lining of the uterus does not shed during pregnancy. If it does, you will miscarry. Contact your doctor and let him know!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 7:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My mom did with my brother. It was scary!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010