What do you do when someone STALKS you?

I've had people follow me AROUND new York city it's creepy as HELL!

Caramel824

Asked by Caramel824 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• i guess go to the cops
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Stalk them back. LOL. I don't know. Why are they stalking you? Call 911. Have a pepper spray in your hand. Move away from NY. I ran out of ideas.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 6:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I've been fortunate enough to have never been stalked.
    Oregon has some pretty good stalking laws in place. So I guess, If I felt like I was being stalked and most definitely if I felt in harm's way or potential danger due to someone stalking me. I would go to the police and take full advantage of the laws at my disposal.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Stalk a stalker. Turn the tables.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If someone is just following me, if the police station is nearby, I walk or drive right over there. If not, I go to the nearest brightly-lit and busy place with lots of people. Amazing how having an audience scares off most of them.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Call the police. Document ALL cases of it. ALWAYS have someone you trust around. When you have your keys in hand, spread them between your fingers in a fist so you can rake them across an attackers face. Keep WASP SPRAY, not pepper spray, in your purse. (They have to go to the ER to get the damage undone where as pepper spray wears off after a while. This is a tip that was given to a friend of mine by a police officer.) Stay out of dark, secluded areas. Make sure that your door will hold against intruders. Most dead bolt holders on the door are only held in by two tiny screws into a flimsy frame. Put bigger screws into the frame so it holds better.

And make sure that SOMEONE you trust KNOWS your schedule for every day. If you can, get a picture of who is stalking you to present to family, friends, and police so that they know who to be on the look out for.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That's cool for strangers now your kids father!
    Caramel824

Comment by Caramel824 (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• PhoenixFire has some Great Advise! ( Thanks for sharing about the Wasp Spray- never would of thought, i do carry pepper spray though) I am sure that has to Freak you out- someone following you- Stalking you; if it continues i would def. contact the police- i have a police whistle on my key chain & any time i'm walking out of somewhere at night i keep it in my mouth- (it is bright orange!) i also have my finger on the alarm button to my car- Just let someone know where you are going, better yet try to have someone with you- especially, at Night- i hope everything gets O.K. & Be Safe!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Also, if you don't have keys, try to have a pen, that works. If you are stuck without anything, don't kick in the nuts. That just pisses them off. Punch in the throat if they attack you. And poke their eyes. Karate kick their knees inwards the wrong way. Take some self defense classes. They are fun. Great fun actually. Yeah, the wasp spray is best. It sprays a stream, and really far. I have this thing on my keychain, it's shaped like a kitty head. But you put your fingers through the 'eyes's, and bam, it's ears become something better then brass knuckles. I got it from a Dojo. Check into one near you, they may have some neato things there for your keychain.

I also like the idea of stalking the stalker. They wouldn't know what to do about that.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Stay in a well populated are or get a restraining order on the person
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2010