How do you know if your job is really on the line, or if you're just being a worry wart?

Erica_Smerica

Asked by Erica_Smerica at 6:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would say:
    If you have been written up.. then there is a possibility that your job could be on the line.
    If there have been a large number of layoffs either in the company or specifically in your department.. Then your job could be on the line.
    If there has been financial difficulties: company having trouble meeting payroll, buy-outs, mergers, bankruptcies.. Then it's a possibility.

For me.. There would need to be something going on either directly with me personally, or something big happening in the company for me to feel that my job was on the line.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It depends on what is going on in order to know.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 7:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think pix-trix has said it all
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• When you start seeing people around you being laid off and especially the good workers. Also, if you had some bad reviews then you should be worried. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If your boss is keeping documentation on you. For example, following up coversations with email, write-ups, or having you document how you spend your day.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 7:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You ask your manager

Answer by rkoloms at 9:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010