if Obama was 100% Caucasian....

do you think he would even be in this race?? honestly... the fact is he is more unexperienced, no one can argue that! Do you think his race had anything to do with helping him get this far?? (i'm not racist one bit, its just a question)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• yeah, because i think mccain is kinda dumb too and hes white! lol!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• oh girl, you have opened a can of worms!! be prepared for the hatemail! :(
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• The difference is, there are a lot of highly successful white people in politics, but very, very few black, or in Obama's case, people that can call them selves black. If Obama isn't the best, he's close to the best black politician.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Okay, does anyone know that a BLACK man helped design the white house. But yea if he was 100 % white I think it would be an election that wouldn't be so popular..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Yes. Obama is intelligent, well-spoken, strong and knowledgeable. He would still be in the race. I do think the fact that he's partly black boosts the popularity of the race, however.
    Ooftacat

Answer by Ooftacat at 7:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Interesting. I've heard the opposite. The New York Times did a piece titled "Racism without racists" stating that he would be much farther ahead in the polls if he _wasn't_ black. Many people cannot bring themselves to vote for a black person; his stand on issues are irrelevant to them. This is the first place I've heard the opposite. Interesting.
    cbandami

Answer by cbandami at 7:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I do not believe it is "just" his color.  I also do not believe Palin was "just" chosen as a VP candidate because she is female.  For either to have made it this far in their careers, they are bringing something to the table that at least "some" or "enough" agree could prove beneficial for all.  I know in the end "parties" just want their party to hold office and care little "who" the person actually is and/or "if" they're truly qualified and that is where govt has failed us....."their  "greedy" parties"....lol.  This is going to be a long hard road either way.

RainyRainbow

Answer by RainyRainbow at 8:23 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I absolutely do. I also believe that if Obama were a white male we would hear alot more of the negative things that he has done in his short time in office, and his life in general. Fact of the matter is, the media and everyone else are afraid to say anything negative about a colored person, for fear of being called a racist.
    If someone were to do an expose on some of the negative things he has done, and said, Rev. Al Sharpton would be at your door calling you a racist.
    It is terrible that it all has to come down to this, but are people only voting for Obama because he is colored?? I know a lot of people who are and that it a shame. It is sad that in the best nation in the world, the race card has to be a factor.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I don't know if he would be or not, but I do know that there are people who would otherwise vote for him who are not simply because he is not 100% caucasian. That's really sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Honestly, it's hard to say - b/c he is black...it's just not as simple as your question makes it out to be. As for the anonymous poster who said he's "close to" being the best black politician, I want to extend my opinion that Condi Rice is the "best." She is a strong woman with a respectable background and I for one would much rather see her in the White House than Obama =)
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2008