does it make you mad when 'regular' people park in the spots that are supposed to be for parents with infants and expecting women?

it really makes me mad when i am just a second too late to get one of these spots and then some fat dude waddles out of the car.... no kids.... just lazy and inconsiderate. then i have to park with the kids out in the boondocks and pray that i can get the 3 of them up to the store in one piece lol.

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I guess that would upset me, but I have never seen spots like that anywhere but my OB and half the lot is like that, way more than it needs to be.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• They don't have those where I live so I have to suffer parking with the rest of society.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 7:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Very few stores around here have those spots, but the ones that do always seem to have vacancies. Probably because the only place I can remember seeing them is Lowes and the hospital -- I don't see a lot of expectant moms or newborns at Lowes and I would think people would feel to guilty parking where they shouldn't at the hospital.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It would bother me if I was pregnant or had an infant, but since I'm neither it doesn't. lol. Plus where I live, I don't know of anywhere that has the "Expectant Mothers" parking spots.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• yep...that happened to me today...some lady took a spot i was trying to get closer to the door, so i can get my 2 year old dd in smoother, and the lady had no kids with her, and she was younger....i hate having to park way in the back (especially on the really hot days), and walk all the way to the door with a toddler...i can't say i think people need to be a little more considerate, bc they don't know if we have kids or not...but i do feel like businesses should have some parking spots (like babies r us does for expectant moms) desginated for moms with young kids, like 2-3 years and younger. it would make for a much easier trip. and no, i don't feel like i'm being lazy or inconsiderate by saying that. it's hard when you have a 2 year old, trying to make sure that other people are watching and all that (people drive like maniacs through the walmart parking lot)
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 7:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• o really? they have them at most of the malls here, and ikea too. ironically they don't have any at my ob office lmao.
    princessbeth79

Comment by princessbeth79 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• **no places around here have spots for parents with kids..how i wish they did. and babies r us is the only one i've seen with places for expectant parents.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 7:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Our Best Buy has the spots for fuel efficient cars and I constantly see those hugeass V8 diesel trucks in the spots.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• OMG yes! Goody's was still open when I was pregnant, and I went there to buy some baby clothes and a couple of shirts and stuff when I was like 8 months pregnant and I had to park at the end of the parking lot because some 20 something guy in a sports car parked in that spot. I wanted to tear his head off because it was like 80 degrees or more and I had to walk a long way with a baby's head between my hips. It didn't bother me the one time that a really old lady parked there, because all the handicap spots were taken and she had a cane and everything, but when someone totally capable of walking an extra few spaces parked there, it drove me crazy. I could rant all day about that lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You could totally freak him out and lean on his car huffing and puffing. When he walks back out, be all dramatic and say "I think the loooong walk from the back of the lot has thrown me into labor." When he freaks out, say "just kidding! But, I wanted to prove a point that these spaces are here for a reason and you should NEVER piss a hormonal pregnant woman off!" LMAO
    PS I would probably never do that, but it sure was fun thinking about it. Thanks for the giggle. :-)
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010