Would you name your kid the same name as your brother or sisters kid?

My hubs son is name anthony gonzalez...we have 2 kids together...well his brother is having a boy and says he is naming him anthony gonzalez...i dont care i just think its strange...2 cousins with the exact same named kids...

NIKKIANDYBABY

Asked by NIKKIANDYBABY at 7:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope, but my bil did the same thing.... except i was pregnant and made the mistake of telling them the name we picked out and they had their baby first and used the name we picked. also they gave both their kids the same middle name.... their father's middle name so i think creativity is lacking for them.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That is crazy! Why would anyone want to do that to those poor children? I would have DH say something to his brother.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 7:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• its weird to me and they dont seem weirded out about it..All I can say is im glad there not copying my sons or daughters name id have a shit fit
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Comment by NIKKIANDYBABY (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• that is kinda wierd but my sister ashley and our cousin daniel were born on the same day in two different stated only minutes apart and the name my mom had picked out for a boy was daniel. that would have been funny. just because ther ewould have been no correlation for a couple days only to find out.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:17 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No way!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Absolutely not...
    MyFamilyOfFive

Answer by MyFamilyOfFive at 7:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Meh, it's a name. A name that your child will share with many, many, many people. To each their own.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• exactly many strangers! But to have to share it with your cousin wow! To me its weird there are a billion names out there!
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Comment by NIKKIANDYBABY (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My sister and cousin share the same name. Then again we live several states apart, never see them. My sister is older then my cousin by 16 plus years. So my grandparent's when talking to my mom will say "little"_____ when referencing my Aunt's, Mom's Sister's, daughter.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I think it is odd.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 7:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010