What's the trick to potty training GIRLS?

my son was more easy I was younger and it was me and him, I probably devoted more time to him but denise will laugh and pee in her pull up!

Caramel824

Asked by Caramel824 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, my first suggestion would be lose the pullups, we never used them. Put her in big girl pants and take her in to potty every 30mins and then every hour... Til she is doing it herself.

It worked for our kids.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My daughter never wore pull-ups, we just bought underwear, we let her pick them out and for the first 2 weeks we had accidents, more poop accidents that pee but after two weeks she was fully potty trained, we made her go every 20 mins and sit on the potty even if she said she didnt have to go. We used diapers when we went somewhere and when she slept because if we used pull-ups she would pee through the night instead of waiting til morning but with the diaper she would get up and take it off in the morning and go pee and then put her underwear on. We also rewarded her with suckers or stickers if she went on the potty. I hope this helps and good luck.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• let her pick out really pretty panties.it will make her want to wear them but tell her only way is if she goes potty
    strong86

Answer by strong86 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• She POOPS in the toilet but you know pee is more hard to control!
    Caramel824

Comment by Caramel824 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i did the same, i thought pullsups was a waste of money, they got into underwear at the age of 2 1/2. then i told them they couldn't go to school until they went in the potty.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I appealed to her girly side. I bought frilly/girly undies. I also had to completely ban all pull ups and diapers from the house. She knew if there were pull ups or diapers in the house, eventually momma was going to give in and put her in one, and then she could do what she needed in them. But she was girly enough that she didn't want to mess up her pretty undies, so when she realized that the pull ups and diapers were gone, she started using the potty consistently.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• :) I'm guessing it has less to do with her being a girl, then it does with her having her very own creative personality! Try to maybe find a reward system that appeals to her, stickers, or m&m's. I would also have her pick out her own big girl panties.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• my picachu is finally potty trained FULLY using the toilet and going to PRE K, IM PROUD of my munchkin and take her panty SHOPPING!!!
    Caramel824

Comment by Caramel824 (original poster) at 2:13 PM on May. 16, 2011