does anyone know what the approximate weight of a baby is if he is in the 80th% at 32 weeks gestation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• they are not able to accurately guess a baby's weight when it is inside so i wouldn't worry anything about it. there have been alot of drs. telling mothers they are going to have a monster baby and the baby is normal..... i don't worry about anything that is simply a guess.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree. They aren't any better now then they were 20 years ago.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i had an ultrasound the day before my daughter was born and they were a pound off...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It means your baby is perfect! Great job momma!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:07 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Bleh. Dont trust them . They told me my son was 8lb 11oz at 36 weeks and since they gain a half pound a week that he was going to be 10lb 11oz at 40 weeks. He was born at 39 weeks and was 8lb 8oz. They were over 2lb off..lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• they told me my son was going to be 12lbs when he was born but when he was he was 7 lbs 4 oz dont listen to them
    Kaizensmommy

Answer by Kaizensmommy at 11:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• no. but you should take what you hear about the weight w/ a grain of salt. like pp above, many people have been told that their babies w/ be (insert weight amount here) when born and have been bigger or smaller than what they said. and not just by a few oz, it's like a few lbs off. u/s are not accurate late in pregnancy to determine weight, size, or even how far along you may be.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago at 36 weeks that said my son was 7lb 11oz and in the 80th percentile. I had him on Wednesday at 38 weeks and he weighed 9lbs 7oz. I have to say the ultrasound tech was pretty damn close on his weight.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 11:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Just remember everything when it comes to weight and due dates that they are all estimates not exact. Doctors and machines can only do so much. My 1st and 2nd were born 18 & 16 yrs ago and even with my 3rd right now I have learned that everything is an estimate. I had a 10.8lbs for my 1st but was told he will be about 8lbs and I was way over due too according to the tests. My 2nd I just let nature see what how big he would be.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2010