do u let your child curse..

we all know its bad parenting if your child curse's... OR IS IT??

Patientchild3

Asked by Patientchild3 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• i don't let my children curse. one time my son dropped his cup of juice on the floor and said o shit and i put him in time out. i thought it was funny but didn't let him see that lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'm not seeing how it could be seen as good parenting. My kids are 9 and 6. Cursing is just one of the things that they're not allowed to do that will be allowed when they're adults.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i wont say i do or dont..but they have the freedom to say things when they are repeating it just like they heard it so i can get the fact right..but i do check them when they just use it freely..cause i dont curse like i use to either..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 7:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• when i see women that let their children act this way around pple and in public... I PROLLY WOULDNT BE HER FRIEND...
    Patientchild3

Comment by Patientchild3 (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No, I don't.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Nope, never heard my girl doing it.
    ganna04

Answer by ganna04 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I slip as a parent and swear. Its the only vice I have left. LOL. My son has picked up on it and says a word here and there. He gets told that he can say those words as soon as he can look his Dad square in the eye. My daughter then asked if the rule was the same for her or if she has to look me in the eye. I told her it was the same. She looked at me, at Dad and then son. Shrugged and said 'Guess I never get to use those words then.'
    van5

Answer by van5 at 7:52 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• NO...but I am gentle and with the redirects.....I can swear and adults can swear, but kids don't get to. Little boys say shoot, dang it and Jimmy Cricket...and if you get really mad you can be more expressive with "dill weed" (his choice...from Gaba Gaba?)

My oldest is nonverbal but can sign bullshit, his version of F..Off....and my DD corrects my swearing to the OK words...she loves to do the rules~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 7:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• NOPE. He does not hear it at home either.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• No, but I don't discipline them, they are so young and innocent, 5 and 3, so if they repeat a word they heard (usually when daddy is trying to fix something around the house, lol), I tell them that we don't like that word. That goes the same for words like hate and stupid, etc. They do think "potty" words are *hilarious* - poop, pee, underwear, hiney-butt, fart....I allow them to say them at home, but they are not to use them when we have company, or are in public.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2010