Come on now, do you think this is a black and white issue?

We all know Obama has no experiance, are we all voting for him because he will be the first black person to go into office? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course, I'm thinking that by voting for him I can resolve all my "white guilt" for being a descendant of the same race of people who used slaves.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Please say this is a joke? Seriously?
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I think his no experience would be better then mccains experience thats why im voting for him not because of race, HE"S HALF WHITE TOO!
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I am confused with the "black" part, his father is from Kenya...And I seriously doubt Obama has a chance because Biden is lacking the facts from past events that he rambled about on the debate...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• What part about Kenya do you find confusing? It is an African country, not a Middle Eastern country, and if you're going to base your thoughts about who "has a chance" on VP's, I'd be much more concerned about Palin's lack of facts. I think Barak Obama as a "community organizer" (I know republicans love to make fun of that) proved that he has an actual interest in helping people. I also think that John McCain has proven himself to be a nasty war monger who doesn't know anything about diplomacy.

craftyleah

Answer by craftyleah at 7:37 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I believe they both want to "help people"....equally think this about the VP's....unfortunately for us they are "humans."  Craftyleah, be careful....if you truly believe McCain is a nasty war monger.....listen to how Obama "really" wants to handle especially Pakistan.....his own words and out of his own mouth.  The last debate I watched and recorded and then watched again to make sure I understood & heard him correctly....he's wanting to take the same approach that Bush took with Iraq...."ultimatums" or else......I'm "not" putting you or Obama down I promise, but demo's and re pub's are not always so different in how they handle things at times when it "really" comes down to it.  McCain does not agree this is the right approach, no doubt because of the mess in Iraq as well cost.

RainyRainbow

Answer by RainyRainbow at 8:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i am not voting for obama for other reasons, not because he is black. i could careless what the color of his skin is, i believe he would be of a greater good in congress. i honestly don't like either person, but i am voting the lesser of two evils.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I didn't think race was the issue until a few weeks ago. I've heard more racist remarks and desperate attempts to slander a mans character than ever before. Some "white" is definitely starting to show on some people. I'm sure there are folks voting for him because he is black just like there are folks not voting for him because he's black. This election has definitely brought out the race issue, front and center. I hope this country survives it. Why can't we just stick to the issues? white black brown yellow, the only thing that is important is where they stand on the issues. I know your racist tendencies are freaking you out, but can't you look at the man and see a loving husband, father, friend? I see it more in him than I do McCain.
    SavanasMom

Answer by SavanasMom at 9:55 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• There are a GREAT deal of people that are choosing to vote for Obama because he is a black man simple and plain.

However, there are some people that has suffered so much under the Bush administration, they just see McCain as an extension of him and would rather have Obama and believe there is hope for a better life again than vote McCain in.

Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 10:01 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I hate to say it...but he's only half-black :P *runs away*

And of course that's not why I'm voting for him. I agree with many of his views and he gives me hope for the future.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008