Tea

Have any of you tried Morning Wellness Tea from Earth Mama Angel Baby Organics? I just picked some up but on the ride home I noticed the box says to consult your doctor before taking herbs while pregnant. So now I'm freaking out about drinking it. Of course it's the weekend now so I won't be able to get through to the doctor until Monday. Have you heard from your doctor that it is okay to take?

cjsjellybean

Asked by cjsjellybean at 7:50 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes it is fine. They have to put that on the box because the government has not and will not do testing on Herbs to prove they are safe or effective. However, billions of woman around the world and through out the centuries have taken these exact herbs and have passed their knowledge down through the generations so that we can enjoy the benefits today. :)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 7:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• the answer above about Chamomile and Raspberry leaf tea is inaccurate. Both are fine for even the first trimester, especially and combined with the Ginger and and Mints from that Tea they are perfect for helping to ease morning sickness.
    If you are concerned you should speak with a professional in Herbs not your OB who has probably had no training whatsoever in herbals.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:04 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i never heard of it. but i do have a question, are you planning on breast feeding? i know this great tea that you can start drinking upto a week or two before the baby comes and you'll be ready for it. its called mothers milk by traditional medicinals. i use their stuff all the time. they are on the web. their name .com. good luck.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I went with a mid wife and herbs were given to me through out my pregnancy to help with every discomfort you can think of!! Even to help my body prepare for labor!!! Herbs are safe during pregnancy and will not hurt your baby!! Your fine!!! :)
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 28, 2010