READ!

How early can you see a baby on an ultrasound? i was looking up the dates, and when i had intercourse, it was in july, sometime before the 28th, the 28th is when i went for my ultrasound and said they saw nothing, And the blood test was negative, BUT my urine test was positive, is it because it was too early? thats what im thinking, cause i would only be two or three weeks when i went.

Stephanie_Rae

Asked by Stephanie_Rae at 7:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Generally at 5 weeks pregnant they can see a sac and at 6 weeks they "Might" be able to see a heartbeat.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 7:56 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• 5 weeks. It might have just been too early. Time for some re-testing!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I agree, it might've been too early. When I went to the Dr. I was 6 wks along and they only saw a sack.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 8:05 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• would this be the reason why the blood test came back negative, ? and the urine test was positive.
    Stephanie_Rae

Comment by Stephanie_Rae (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It depends if you have a tilted uterus all of my pregnancies were not visible on us till 8-9weeks. Take another urine test if you have a for sure positive go see your doc. GL
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

________
    It would depend on which blood test... a Qualitative only gives a “yes” or “no” answer so if you don't have enough HCG it will say negative... so if you don't produce hcg as fast as the "norm" it will come up negative.
    a Quantitative measures the exact amount of hCG in the woman’s blood.... and will show exactly how much example a .5 or less is not pregnant and a .6 could be pregnant.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I had one at 4weeks and this is my 3rd...we saw him clearly and I have a copy of our little pea size baby
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2010