What would you do if you caught you son peeing in the drain in the basement?

He is 14 and has taken over the finished bonus room in the basement. to get to his room you go through the unfinished part of the basement with the washer and dryer. There is a drain in the middle of the floor near the washer. I caught him today day peeing in it. I asked him if he did that before and he said he did and he has let his friends to. I don't know if I should be mad or not I told him I would talk to his dad about it and for now to stop and come upstairs to pee. It seems lazy to me..DH wasn't surprised or upset though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I'd tell him to pour a bucket of water down the drain after peeing, but poo-ing, no.

Answer by Bmat at 8:41 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I would not be happy, but it doesn't surprise me. Boys!! Talk it over with DH and DS.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• i think its a guy thing. but how many people you got in the house compared to bathrooms? at least he's only going pee, it could be good old number two! lol maybe he just doesn't want to disturb anyone when he has to go.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I guess it is kind of lazy but I can see where a teenage boy would come up with that! I don't know what I would do if it was me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'd laugh and tell him to stop being a lazy pig. My husband peed in empty beer bottles rather than come upstairs to pee a few times and my brother used to pee in the sink so he didn't have to aim lol. It's a man thing, and it's disgusting, but also kinda funny.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• hmmm . i would probably yell ,but then again pee does go down A drain anyway . i honestly dont know . hes just being lazy and im sure his friends find it amusing .
    susies3babies

Answer by susies3babies at 8:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• It wouldn't bother me...it went down the drain... I probably wouldn't have said a word.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:03 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That's probably to old to be doing something like that I would just have a talk with him about why it's wrong when there are bathrooms in the house My son used to pee in pop bottles and the bathroom was like 2o steps away boys!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Oh he would be cleaning toilets for a month! And rinsing the drain too. That drain isn't for peeing in. It is a fail safe in case the laundry backs up. Basement drains back flow all the time if it floods. Fall rains cause flooding where I live. At my house, there would be trouble.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• My son is 5 and did it. I yelled at him. Told him there was no excuse to find the bathroom. Dad backed me up, but laughed later.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 27, 2010