35 weeks in 3 days and getting very BAD false labour contractions

I would go straight to my doctor but she isn't in on Fridays. But I have an appointment with her on Monday. If I go to the hospital I will more then likely get sent home or sit there for 5 hours for them to tell me go home. This is my second Child, I never had these pains with my first so it's a little odd to me. But I know every pregnancy is different. I am just wondering if there is something I can do besides worrying until Monday. He moves fine. But my stomach gets hard very often. The pains come and go all day. I feel Naseaus, Back Aches horribly. Are these signs that labour could be nearing or my body is just acting differently because it has already had to deal with being pregnant once before so it's a little more noticeable. I really want to avoid going to hospital as much as possible unless it gets worse of coarse.

baybeegurl272

Asked by baybeegurl272 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• IF you are getting more than four an hour you should be seen.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Can be totally normal. If it picks up and becomes labor then yeah, go in since youre still pre-term.

Things to alleviate it are rest, relaxation, HYDRATE, and even a half a glass of wine to help the muscles relax.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I'll keep that in mind thanks.
    baybeegurl272

Comment by baybeegurl272 (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• That's what happened with my second pregnancy and I when I went in my dr said I was in labor! I thought it was just Braxton Hicks since they didn't really hurt. My stomach just got hard aobut every 5 minutes or so. I was in the beginning stages of labor and since I have a pretty high pain tolerance it didn't really hurt at all. My first delivery was preemie twins via csection, so I have never had full blown labor and I didn't know I was in labor! I would rather be safe and sent home than progress too far at home and not be able to make it to the hospital. Subesequent pregnancies tend to go faster than the first!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 8:25 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Oh and try laying on your left side and drinking water until you feel like your going to burst. If they still keep happening more than 4 an hour or are getting more frequent definitely go in!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 8:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Make sure u stay hydrated and lay down. Thats what normally works for me. Put a pillow between your legs too.
    brwneyebeauty13

Answer by brwneyebeauty13 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yeah, I thought I had Braxton Hicks with the third, went to the doc for a routine, and she said she wasn't prepared for delivery in the office. If you have a good amount of water, I don't think you feel them so much.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• no, that's not bh contractions.... that is regular contractions. take it easy and lay down. if they don't go away and are happening for more than a hour then you need to alert your ob. if they are in a pattern you need to alert your ob too. if you lay down and they go away then you just need to take it easy
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• awesome thanks for the advice girls. I have pretty much tried everything, Drinking water, Laying down isn't very comfortable either. Sitting is hard too I get very uncomfortable fast. I'll keep an eye on it and if it gets worse go in.Thanks again alot of help. I have tried the pillow thing to and I find it very uncomfortable too lol. He has also been dropped since the 29th week so who knows who could be coming very soon.
    baybeegurl272

Comment by baybeegurl272 (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• check how far apart ur contractions r
    chriskris

Answer by chriskris at 9:22 PM on Aug. 27, 2010