How to make my nephew more BOYISH!

My nephew is 15 and is infatuated with Miley Cyrus. He listens to her music all day long. Her website is his homepage. He has this one magazine that he lays on the table and eats while staring at it. He is being Hannah Montana for halloween... Is there anyway I can guide him toward boyish things.. Any sports....Or is it too late?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Leave him alone. Seriuosly. Just let this kid be who he is, and love him unconditionally. Just stop, and think about the kind of shit he probably has to deal with in high school. A 15 yo boy who is obsessed with Hannah Montana probably isn't winning any popularity contests. If you are close with him, it may be very hurtful if you bring it up, or try to change him.
    Anonymous

• LET HIM BE HE ISNT YOUR KID AND IF HE IS HAPPY THATS ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER. LET IT GO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I wouldn't force anything on him. He is who he is. It's okay for him to like that stuff. He could be gay, or he could just really think she's hot! lol ;)

Don't stress about it and try to influence him, as it will just hurt him and possibly cause problems for him later on, emotionally.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 6:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• If he's happy, who cares. Let him be who he is.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• You'll never have a positive relationship with him unless you accept him just as he is. You could try asking him why he likes her...does he think she's pretty...or does he want to be like her. Either way accept his answer and let him know that you love him.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:49 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It's too late.
    tellis

Answer by tellis at 9:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Let him be. I agree with previous post about asking him if he things she's hot or if he wants to be like her...if your curious ask. But accept his answer and love this young man as is. It's called unconditional love. It sounds like your close to him so JUST be his loving Aunt...that's more important.
    BTW....ARGH~ regarding Miley Cyrus...I'm so sick of hearing about that little girl.....lol
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Why do people want to change other people all the time?! It not your job to insist he be as "masculine" as you think he should be. You're afraid he's gay arent you? If he is, what are you going to do then? Try to make him "un-gay"?
    Anonymous

• I'm sick of Miley Cyrus. I can't even find freakin clothes at wal-mart because everything my size has her face plastered on it...uggg
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• some guys dont like sports. my husband doesnt he likes musicals. and no, he's sooo not gay. regardless though, if he likes stuff like that its his business. quit trying to force someone into a mold.
    Anonymous