At what point, did your babies start sleeping through the night?

Since birth, my daughter has been a very difficult sleeper. I had to work HARD to ever get any sleep myself. Well, for the past month or so, she has gotten in to a pretty good routine. When her father leaves for work at 10pm, we go to my bedroom, I give her a bottle and she usually falls asleep, and I put her in the bassinett beside my bed. (she would scream bloody murder in the crib) Well, I also take classes and I can't get my work done with her when she's all fussy . . . .

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 4:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• BTW- you are NOT NOT NOT supposed to wake a baby to eat. My baby is slender and a low percentile body weight- which my doctor is content with because she is excelling in all other areas. We were told SLEEP is JUST as important as EATING. SLEEP=GROW. If your baby is hungry- you will know it. :) Happy Friday.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 8:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• CONT>so the past few nights, I put her in her room and shut the door until I'm done with my work. Well, the first night, she fell asleep for about an hour, last night she cried for a little while, I kept returning to restart her mobile and aquarium, but then she slept until about 2am, that's a feeding time. Well, tonight, I only had 3 math problems to do, so within about 15 minutes, I went back in to check on her and she was asleep. So I went to bed too. I woke up at 2am for the feeding, she was still sleeping. I went back to sleep and was waking every 30min and at 4am, I just decided to stay up. She is STILL in there sleeping. This is by far the LONGEST she's ever....
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:50 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• went without eating. I'm a little freaked out, I have the monitor here and I keep checking on her, but do you think this could be the start of her sleeping through the night? She has been sleeping for 7 hours and hasn't eaten for 7.5, her bottle was at 9:30 tonight. I think she's waking. I know I should be happy and dancing a jig, but I've been so nervous that something was wrong that I keep checking on her. I have wanted for so long for her to sleep in her crib, but now I'm sad. I guess I'm not ready, BUT I'll take it. Did your children just have this one night that changed everything?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I actualy beleive I had a miracle a baby at least that's what other moms tell me. My son started sleeping through the nite at 2 months old and at 15 months old he goes to bed at ten and doesn't wake up untill ten or eleven in the morning some nites he wakes up once but that's only because he is teething and it's pretty easy to get him back down.
    Mae264

Answer by Mae264 at 5:04 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Both of my kids started sleeping through the night at 2 months; going to bed at about 9pm and waking at 5am-6am.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 5:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I guess I never mentioned her age. She is 3 months old, in fact, she turned 3 months on Wed. Well, she was waking up, I went in changed her diapy, brought her to my room, gave her a bottle and she fell back to sleep . . . SOO I put her back in her crib and SHE DIDN"T WAKE UP . . . it's a miracle. This will be her very first night sleeping in her crib all night long. I burped her for a few minutes, but nothing really came out, should I bring her in here for the rest of the morning or try to burp her again? I'm always so nervous about her spitting up and choking. One good thing though is that she always rolls on her side to sleep.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My son was about 4 weeks old when he started sleeping through the night. My daughter, she was about 2 1/2 months old. But she was only 5lbs 13oz when she was born, so early on, we had to wake her up every 3 hours to feed her. When she started gaining weight and we stopped the "every 3 hr" feedings, she started doing better, as long as she had her belly full at bedtime.
    2kids19yrsapart

Answer by 2kids19yrsapart at 5:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My daughter finally slept through the night when we put her in her own room. It was really hard to do but she slept like a (baby). NO PUN INTENDED. She was 3 months old.
    susan220

Answer by susan220 at 5:50 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I have always kept my lamp on the room while she was in here so I could see her breathing . . . anal, I know, so I left her lamp on in her room for her. I think I should keep that on during this transition. How long do you think I should wait before I start turning it off? I want to get a super bright nightlight, that way I can check on her without disturbing her, plus from what I have seen, she HATES the dark. How did you do it?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My daughter started sleeping through the night when she was 3 months old.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2008