So, you say I have a choice God- hmm I either worship you or I burn in fire- wow what a choice!

See how foolish that sounds- and Christians say God is loving- HAHAHA]
Do you tell your child- "You either listen or I will put you in this house that is on fire forever"? No of course not because you actaully LOVE your children- God doesn't give us a choice, we either do what he says or pay for it forever. Doesn't sound fair or logical to me.
If I live a good life and believe in God I am still going to hell according to some people because I dont follow every single thing the Bible says. What about Grace- what does that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yeah- you have two choices- either believe in THAT God and live happily ever after or not believe and burn in hell. How is that really free will? missionarywifey... so how about all those people who came before Jesus and yet believed in God. They were not given a choice to reject or believe in him because he didn't exist as a man yet and they didn't hear his 'word'. Were they automatically punished?

God does not owe us anything but we owe HIM everything. WHY? Just because he created us? Is that it? Because I see nothing else that makes him worthy of love, attention, praise or worship.

Seems funny to me that everything Christians say about Grace comes from the lips of PAUL- and it makes sense to ONLY them...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Why argue beliefs? Believe as you choose and respect the beliefs of others. It really is that simple.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:43 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• You don't have to follow every last little thing the Bible says. It is impossible to be perfect follow every thing all the time. What is important is to be saved. If you don't want to believe that is fine, but please don't be so critical of what you don't follow.

SabrinaMBowen...I fail to understand how my life as a Christian is miserable. I can do just about anything you can do and I'm very happy with the life I lead.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• god isn't telling you to do anything. he gives you guidelines to follow. there is happiness and external salvation by accepting him or death and loss if you don't. the devil promises the same things that being evil makes you happy but that is short lived and you end up happy. god gave you free will for you to decide. if you don't believe in him don't. who cares do i , no. i only care about me and my family. in our belief it's not what you do or don't do in the bible but if you accept god here or in the after life. so you wouldn't burn in hell for not being perfect as no one could or ever be perfect and that is where grace comes into play. his grace is sufficient for us all to help us achieve his kingdom. the bible is his word and his way to righteousness. not a death sentence......you need to not be so tunnel vision when others tell you how things are suppose to be but develop a relationship between you and god yourself.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I believe in God, but I don't believe in a God like that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:09 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I believe as I choose, in SPITE of the fact that no believer shows an ounce of respect for it. "

Not all believers are like that. My mom is an example. She is one of the nicest people I've ever met, and while she's not overly religious, and rarely attends church, she's a great example of a Christian who doesn't judge those with different beliefs. Please don't lump them all together, because they aren't all the same.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• skiingRandom....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• you can believe in God & reject the idea of burning in Hell for eternity. i do and so many other Christians. it makes it a lot easier to believe in a loving God :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• a person does not go to hell because they didn't follow everything the Bible said. The person goes to hell because they rejected Jesus Christ (GOD'S SON) and chose unbelief instead. To answer your question about Grace. It can be thought of as this God's Riches At Christ's Expense (G.R.A.C.E) We deserve nothing from God. God does not owe us anything. Anything good that we experience is a result of the grace of God (Ephesians 2:5). Grace is simply defined as unmerited favor. God gives us good things that we do not deserve and could never earn. Rescued from judgment by God's mercy, grace is anything and everything we receive beyond that mercy (Romans 3:24).
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 5:55 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• ITA! I've always loved this idea of "Free Will" - You do what I say and be unhappy, or you can do what makes you happy and submit to punishment... Really? Umm... NO!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2010