Jesus is not God?

JESUS IS NOT GOD. For one thing the Bible states that no man can see God and live!Exodus 33:20, Also, concerning Gods name,JOB12:13He that comes in Jehovahs name, concerning Jesus not being God, 2Cor.1:3 God and Father of our Lord Jesus,Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,The Father of tender mercies,1st John 1:11, 1st John 2:13 God is from the beginning, 1st John2:15-17concerning the worldly things and God.These verses say that God is Jesus Father, not that Jesus is God, can you read these and tell me if you believe in what they say about Jesus, the Father(God), and what happens if you get caught up in the world? No arguements, no hatred, just plain simple answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The LDS faith believes as you do... that Jesus and God are seperate beings. God is the Father and Jesus is the Son, the Holy Spirit is the 3rd member of the Godhead. (Again, another being).

Another good example is when Jesus was in the Garden and asked that God would "let this cup pass". Why would he be asking himself to not have to suffer for our sins?

Also when Jesus was baptized the Bible says that God's voice was heard from the Heavens and that the Holy Spirit appeared in the form of a Dove. That shows the seperateness right there.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all one. The single worse sin is "dis-belief".
    Those who do not believe in Jesus Christ as thier Lord and Savior will go to hell in a hand basket. That's what I have always been raised to believe, and nothing anyone could say to me would change my mind.
    I hope that my response doesn't offend you in anyway, I don't judge. Good luck! Peace.
    seanesc5

Answer by seanesc5 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Ever heard of the trinity? Father, son, holy spirit? I don't really know what your asking or what your point is? If your looking for answers, google it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Isaiah 7:14: “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”

“Immanuel” literally means: “God with us.” 

Isaiah 9:6: “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

John 10:30-33: “‘I and the Father are one.’

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• John 20:27-29 “Then He said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.’ Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’ Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’'

The Bible is more than clear that Jesus is God - but you're right on one thing. Jesus is God, but he is NOT the Father, he is the Son. People tend to have a hard time with this, but if you believe in God, then you can't put limits on him. That would be like saying "Ok, God, you can create the universe, do all these miracles, but you CAN'T be more than one person." Someone put it really well on here before: You can be a mother, sister, and daughter, but that doesn't make you three different people.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• John 10:30-33: “‘I and the Father are one.’ Just like YOU and YOUR HUSBAND are one. OR one football player and another football player are one...one team...team mates. I do not belive that Jesus is God.

Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Yeah, I think people do have a hard time getting that. So many believe he is not, and so many believe he is (God).

Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Exodus 3:14-- And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

John 8:58---Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said to baptize in the name (not “names”) of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Deuteronomy 10:17 - For the LORD your God of gods and Lord of Lords, the great God, mighty and awesome....

1 Timothy 6:15 - ...which God will bring about in his own time - God, the blessed and only ruler, King of kings and Lord of lords.

Revelation 17:14 - They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them, because he is Lord of lords, and King of kings....

Jesus is called Lord of lords, and King of kings, titles ascribed elsewhere in scripture to God.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• He really isnt. God is not supposed to be seen or heard. I hope people will realize before its too late!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2008