18 month old not in car seat

My sil dd is not even 2 yet. She puts her in the car WITH NO CAR SEAT. Her excuse is that she can unbuckle herself and hates it. Last time I saw them drive away in their truck with the child sitting on the console in between the front seats. What can I do about this?? Trying to talk to this family is hopeless. Even mil wanted to drive to get something to eat once with my son not in a seat. I told her i would kill her. My other sil said she wanted to buy her a booster for christmas that uses the seat belt because it scares her to see her not in a seat. I told her she is still way to young for that! They don't listen. Anything I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• Pray she gets a ticket - it's illegal not to have a child in the correct car seat in all states.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Unfortunately I think the only thing that will change her mind is if her daughter gets seriously injured.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• it is completely illegal in my state!!
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Call the authorities on them. If the childs life is truly endarger why do you hesitate to call?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Dont let your kid get in their car and tell them they aren't allowed. If they do, you will call the cops on them. And seriously, back up your threat.
    amandallamas

Answer by amandallamas at 12:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Call the police the next time they leave.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 12:07 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• call the police!
    Layna1980

Answer by Layna1980 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2008